PDA

View Full Version : Doom 3 at Quakecon

Philibob
07-06-04, 09:45 AM
http://www.quakecon.org/

DOOM 3 Inaugural Deathmatch Championship:
Yes, you read that correctly. DOOM 3 Deathmatch is coming to QuakeCon 2004, and there has never been a more level playing field. With DOOM 3 launching this summer, there won’t be anyone who has had time to practice or master the game, and almost any QuakeCon attendee has a chance to walk away with one of the exclusive DOOM 3 prizes. We’re not telling you what they are just yet, but let’s just say that they’re fast. Registration for this 128-player tournament will begin August 12, 2004 – the first day of QuakeCon.

MUYA
07-06-04, 09:46 AM
on NV45 SLIs? heheh I hope they have a demo of sorts and someone gives a rough feedback ;)

GlowStick
07-06-04, 10:06 AM
Ok, that means that August 3rd is almost definatly not the release date!

Its august 12!

Id should give up the game, and turn it into a gimick they can let lan events borrow just to bring in a crowd... sigh.

Arioch
07-06-04, 10:55 AM
They let people play Doom 3 deathmatch at last year's Quakecon.

GlowStick
07-06-04, 11:23 AM
They let people play Doom 3 deathmatch at last year's Quakecon.
Exactly, and aparently they are gonna let people do it again.

Its worded so it could go both ways, but im gonna bet doom3 will be way after QuakeCon.

Lan partys should be allowed to pay like 50g and they allow you to demo doom3 off to people, lol.

Philibob
07-06-04, 12:06 PM
In the line "there won’t be anyone who has had time to practice or master the game" the word practice is a bit worrying, sounds like the early August release date might be wrong.

jAkUp
07-06-04, 12:12 PM
"there won’t be anyone who has had time to practice or master the game"

That sounds like the release date is very close to the quackecon date... maybe even a little before.

GlowStick
07-06-04, 12:19 PM
"there won’t be anyone who has had time to practice or master the game"

That sounds like the release date is very close to the quackecon date... maybe even a little before.
Well, Id loves to BS around i feel.

However, if Aug 3rd was right, i feel thats ample time for a hardcore gamer to beat doom3, then frag four days with 3 other friends memorzing every map.

Here is my estimated Timeline for a hardcore gamer.

Aug 3 - Buys in store around noon (probly just woke up)
Aug 4 - Finsihed Single Player Campain

Heh i almost bet you any hardcore gamer can beat it in 2 days. : \

jAkUp
07-06-04, 12:25 PM
:(
But.. but.. but... gamestop says its official :(

Eywanadi
07-06-04, 12:30 PM
Two weeks will make NO ONE a pro at Doom 3. I still bet the game will be out Aug 3.

Intel17
07-06-04, 12:32 PM
Well, Id loves to BS around i feel.

However, if Aug 3rd was right, i feel thats ample time for a hardcore gamer to beat doom3, then frag four days with 3 other friends memorzing every map.

Here is my estimated Timeline for a hardcore gamer.

Aug 3 - Buys in store around noon (probly just woke up)
Aug 4 - Finsihed Single Player Campain

Heh i almost bet you any hardcore gamer can beat it in 2 days. : \

id has stated doom 3 will be at least 30-40hrs of gameplay :)

stncttr908
07-06-04, 01:23 PM
Everyone still says the game is on track for August 3rd. Even printed Best Buy Sunday ads say so.

GlowStick
07-06-04, 03:11 PM
id has stated doom 3 will be at least 30-40hrs of gameplay :)
To the average user, but a PowerGamer would glady give up sleep and beat it in 24 :D

|JuiceZ|
07-06-04, 03:14 PM
Sure hope this guy lives up to its hype. Have seen far too much of the exact opposite happen in recent months. Not being pessimistic just realistic.