PDA

View Full Version : What to Do about Bestbuy order?

Mikeyb
07-06-04, 10:58 AM
I ordered the BFG Ultra from bestbuy and am concerned. Thursday I'm leaving to go on vacation for a week and half. So the card couldn't be delievered. I am wondering should I keep the order and hope the card doesn't require a signiture. Or I could order and evga gt now get it tomorrow or thursday then Step-up in a few months. The reason I am concerned is if it comes and doesn't require a signiture that's a 500 dollar card sitting in the rain and such. Or it could require a signiture and be sent back. Any opionions?

nvnews-reader
07-06-04, 11:02 AM
I'd cancel it and reorder a few days before you get back. Assuming you are not taking your computer on vacation.

Raptorman
07-06-04, 11:05 AM
Just keep the order, lol, the thing most likely won't even ship until atleast the 15th.

sonyman
07-06-04, 11:05 AM
I would call UPS and see what they can do for you, such as holding it.

Scott

Raptorman
07-06-04, 11:07 AM
BTW, I just called GameVE, and they said the eVGA GeForce 6800 Ultra would not be in stock for 2 weeks (since I have a pre-order there as well). I would not expect Best Buy to have them instock before 2 weeks either.

revbatboy
07-06-04, 11:09 AM
I have the same problem Im leaving for vacation on the 10th. Im prob. going to cancel if it doesent ship in the next 2 days

|JuiceZ|
07-06-04, 11:13 AM
Lets try to keep this topic to one (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31039) thread please, thx.