PDA

View Full Version : Do you rent your video card from Best Buy?

UDawg
07-06-04, 03:57 PM
Be honest here. How many buy a video card and return it after the Lan party? I know people do this I am just curious as to who will admit to it.

:)

BTW, there aren't enought Stickies in this forum. :bash:

Jedi Rainman
07-06-04, 03:59 PM
Not me...I shelled out the $500 for the video card. Renting stuff is dumb. Kinda like how I refuse to rent an apartment when for that amount, I could put a down payment on a house.

|JuiceZ|
07-06-04, 04:00 PM
Be honest here. How many buy a video card and return it after the Lan party? I know people do this I am just curious as to who will admit to it.

:)

*whistles*

:angel2:

BTW, there aren't enought Stickies in this forum. :bash:

Yea its startin' to look like the OF...

evilchris
07-06-04, 04:03 PM
Not me...I shelled out the $500 for the video card. Renting stuff is dumb. Kinda like how I refuse to rent an apartment when for that amount, I could put a down payment on a house.

Where does someone live then when saving for a down payment?? OH YEAH THEY RENT!

UDawg
07-06-04, 04:10 PM

While Juice whistles, Jedi I don't think you understand what I mean. :)

You cannot rent a video card. What people do it buy the card and return it after a lan party or after they are done with a particular game, thereby not having to buy a new card. It is a lot cheaper to pay for restocking fees than a whole new card. Any whoo. That is what I meant.

I haven't done it but I know quite a few do.

*cought* excuse me mr. bestbuy sales clerk. I can't get this card to work in my puter. The card seems fine but I don't think it is compatible. I could I return it. I just don't feel confident to try and install another card.

:spank:

GlowStick
07-06-04, 04:16 PM
I can say i never did it, however i borrowed a Ipod for about 3 days, *cough*cough*

Jedi Rainman
07-06-04, 04:17 PM
Where does someone live then when saving for a down payment?? OH YEAH THEY RENT!

Um...I moved out and bought a house.

evilchris
07-06-04, 04:24 PM
Um...I moved out and bought a house.

Oh ok. Maybe some people have to rent 1st? Renting isn't dumb. Some people move out at 18 and don't have a downpayment saved up. Not everyone can live with mommy and daddy for years until they are ready to buy. In addition, most 18 year olds can't qualify for $500,000 loans, which is what is needed for a house/condo in a lot of cities.

Saying "renting is dumb" is dumb. Get over yourself dude.

Sorry for derailing ya Udawg, just had to comment on that moronic statement he made about renters.

UDawg
07-06-04, 04:29 PM
Most of us didn't live with our parents till we were 30! LOL!! I was dirt poor when I moved out and could not even afford to dream of a house. I was to busy trying to make rent.

Any way back on topic or NO SOUP FOR JOO!

Jedi Rainman
07-06-04, 04:55 PM
Thats why its called saving your money and if you don't live in BIG cities, then its not that much of a problem.

schuey74
07-06-04, 04:56 PM
I like to buy @ bestbuy on Saturdays and send my little brother to return during the week......after I received my replacement order from Newegg. This way I don't need to resist the urge to buy and I don't overpay either.

|JuiceZ|
07-06-04, 04:58 PM
Jedi the point is not everyone has the desire to stay at home for another 10yrs to save up for a down payment. Owning a house is a lot of repsonsibility for someone fresh out on their own and although it may have worked for you, its not the case for everyone.

now....Back on topic! :D

Jedi Rainman
07-06-04, 05:34 PM
Jedi the point is not everyone has the desire to stay at home for another 10yrs to save up for a down payment. Owning a house is a lot of repsonsibility for someone fresh out on their own and although it may have worked for you, its not the case for everyone.

now....Back on topic! :D

Who said someone stayed at home for 10 extra years to save? Surely not me. Anyways, back on topic, if I were BB, I wouldn't take back video cards after someone bought it. I would do what WM or KM would do, give you another and not offer a refund, if it were indeed defective, but the case is is that it is not, so therefore be stuck with it.

Ice Nine
07-06-04, 05:36 PM
They don't call 'em "Best Borrow" for nuthin!

P1x44r
07-06-04, 05:40 PM
Hate to drag this off-topic, but how does this:
Who said someone stayed at home for 10 extra years to save? Surely not me.

equal to this:
Renting stuff is dumb.

Maybe you did not have to save up for a downpayment. Maybe you did not have to stay at parent's house to do this. You find renting to be 'dumb'.

My point is made.

UDawg
07-06-04, 05:50 PM
They don't call 'em "Best Borrow" for nuthin!

:lol2: :lol2: Too funny. I have never heard of that phrase. You get a cookie

ricercar
07-06-04, 06:28 PM
In silicon valley we have the Fry's Loan. They take anything back, as long as it's under 30 days.

I was offended though, when a friend bought a suitcase, travelled the weekend, and then took it back Monday. Dunno why that bothered me, but it was different than a technology loan somehow.