PDA

View Full Version : The Suffering

zoomy942
07-06-04, 08:31 PM
has anyone played this game yet? this game is insane! i just started playing it this evening and... holy cow.. i have already jumped in my seat 2 or 3 timres!

stncttr908
07-06-04, 08:51 PM
I was actually just about to start it. I don't know though, I don't care for getting the **** scared out of me.

zoomy942
07-06-04, 11:30 PM
I was actually just about to start it. I don't know though, I don't care for getting the **** scared out of me.

then maybe not play in the dark. its crazy how freaky it is. i was expecting a little.. but moment after moment i jump. its AWESOME.

SH0DAN
07-07-04, 08:41 AM
link ?? and have you played System Shock 2 ??? how does it compare to SS2 ??
barring graphics comparisons...

de><ta
07-07-04, 08:45 AM

It's similiar in the atmosphere, but not the gameplay I reckon.

Played it for some time at my friends place...

Domy
07-07-04, 09:00 AM
yup,it's good!really2 cool game.

PaiN
07-07-04, 09:05 AM
I've wanted to play "The Suffering" in the worst way...but it was delayed getting to the stores, then I started Theif: DS then I got the new 6800GT so it took kind of a back seat to getting the the system up & running and games I have working,.....but I been hearing only good things about The Suffering, now that everything is running ace...maybe I'll pick it up after work :)

zoomy942
07-07-04, 12:15 PM

http://www.thesuffering.midway.com/

this game has only the FPS style of play with SS2. it is alot of suspense, and no technology like SS2

revbatboy
07-07-04, 12:40 PM
I like the voices you hear through the game its preaty freaky if you have surround sound.

zoomy942
07-07-04, 12:51 PM
i agree. ad the sudden flashbacks too

SH64
07-07-04, 01:32 PM
I was about to get it but reconsidered . now after reading this i see you guys recommending it !

btw hows the controls/camera ??

zoomy942
07-07-04, 01:35 PM
I was about to get it but reconsidered . now after reading this i see you guys recommending it !

btw hows the controls/camera ??

the controls are very customizable in the options, which is good cause i use wierd button combos.. and in game, things are very easy to use and done well. the camera is done very well, and you can choose between first and third person views

PenguinJim
07-07-04, 09:48 PM
I have also been hearing about how scary this game is. I've been trying to get it for a couple of days with no luck, though. Let's hope fortune smiles on me on Friday. :)

Banko
07-07-04, 10:00 PM
I have it but I'm to afraid to play it :( I hope it's not as scary as Undying.

SH64
07-07-04, 10:56 PM
the controls are very customizable in the options, which is good cause i use wierd button combos.. and in game, things are very easy to use and done well. the camera is done very well, and you can choose between first and third person views

Cool ! gonna get it today hopefully :)
i'm so in need for a new game to play ... a good game that is .

zoomy942
07-07-04, 11:13 PM
you wont be disappointed. i almost dont want to play it at night. stupid game... being all freaky:)

PsychoSy
07-08-04, 02:36 AM
"Hold it right there or I will shoot you down! You hear me, inmate!!"

"Kiiiiiiiiilll Hiiiiiiim!!!

"Don't do it, T! He might be able to help you!!"

"HE'S A PARASITE!!!!

"He's only scared and confused ... just like you, dear!!"

Hmmmm, what's a Torque do to, eh?!? :D

Very good, very scary, very bloody and warped game!! :)

PaiN
07-09-04, 07:59 AM
Sorry guys, I have to rain on this parade :rolleyes: ....I bought the game, played it and did not like it at all and not because its scary..I have very little fear of anything(not female ;))
but because it felt too much like a consol port. The game, imo...looked bad,even at 16x12 4x\8x the graphics were gainy and bland of texture, the controls felt like mush, not fun in game with fast enemies..and what's the deal with the guns....since when can you do more damge with a shank...8-10 shots to kill one baddie compaired too 3-4 hits with the blade????
I do agree the sound was good.....

I returned it to EB....and put the $$ on my Doom3 pre-order :)

Bad_Boy
07-09-04, 08:05 AM
I never played The Suffering so i can't really comment. :(

OT: btw PaiN, check your pm ;)

Grechie
07-09-04, 11:02 PM
i got it today, i cranked the surround and played with lights off, its pretty freaky espcially when u start off in ur cell and the creature goes flying by and cuts open ur cell i jumped then coz i didnt expect anything to happen when i got control of torque.
i recommend this game, the graphics when the creatures kill the guards is a bit dodgy, i recan this game would be perfect if it had ragdoll!

DJMONDY
07-18-04, 06:38 PM
This game is great. I started playing it yesterday and ive been very impressed so far!

One problem tho, the game seems to have weird graphics glitches everytime i go to flush the ingame toilets or try to rush things, don't know why?? I have to restart the game everytime the graphics go funny.

Apart from that Its a must have if you like resident evil\tomb raider type games. :)