PDA

View Full Version : 6800 GT owners with game problems post here

Pantherman
07-07-04, 12:47 AM
I've had my BFG GeForce 6800 GT for five days now and have tested it on a variety of games. I underclocked the card to the default speed for the 6800 GT. So far the following games have had graphical glitches: Battlefield 1942, Battlefield Vietnam, 3DMark 2001 SE (first two benchmarks only). Far Cry, Painkiller and all OpenGL games work great with no problems. I also had a graphics glitch on the golfer in Tiger Woods 2004. Turning the golfer's shadow off cured this problem. I thought my card was defective, but now I'm convinced there are driver issues and architectural problems with the GPU at work here. Feel free to post any problems you're having with your card.

Mithan
07-07-04, 01:17 AM
I only tried FarCry and Asheron's Call since I got mine yesterday and it appears to work well. I plan on loading Jedi Academy soon to play through again.

World of Warcraft seemed ok, but I only logged in for about 25 minutes.

Ruined
07-07-04, 01:21 AM
I've had my BFG GeForce 6800 GT for five days now and have tested it on a variety of games. I underclocked the card to the default speed for the 6800 GT. So far the following games have had graphical glitches: Battlefield 1942, Battlefield Vietnam, 3DMark 2001 SE (first two benchmarks only). Far Cry, Painkiller and all OpenGL games work great with no problems. I also had a graphics glitch on the golfer in Tiger Woods 2004. Turning the golfer's shadow off cured this problem. I thought my card was defective, but now I'm convinced there are driver issues and architectural problems with the GPU at work here. Feel free to post any problems you're having with your card.

Try using the drivers that came on the CD and Directx 9.0b. If you are still getting glitches in all your games, odds are you have a bad card and should RMA to BFG.

dece870717
07-07-04, 01:50 AM
Some games just like dont work. I installed Beyond Good & Evil and just its all messed up, and max payne 2 run like crashes hopefully other drivers will fix it

MUYA
07-07-04, 02:30 AM

You cannot draw a conclusion such as architectual problems without discounting for what new drivers may bring and conducting thorough investigations with regards to the architecture. It is understandable that you are disappointed that your purchase hasn't worked perfectly out of the box but, may ppl including some of our staff member have had no problems with their review sampls inclusing, MikeC, Clay, Rytr, Saturn and Chris Ray.

Therefore if it was a an architectural problem, it would be repeated on their setup and all those who have NV40s including reviewers from other websites and the general public like yourself. What i am saying is, lets not jump to conclusions just yet.

Sniper_Merc
07-07-04, 03:27 AM

Try a fresh install of XP or at the very least, fresh install of your chipset, vid card, sound card, and DX 9.0b

Rick James was having similar problems as yours over on Hard OCP forums, fresh XP install appears to have fixed his problems.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=773898&page=1&pp=20