PDA

View Full Version : OC Tool?

mustrum
07-07-04, 03:16 AM
Now it happened. I sold my Radeon 9700. I'll buy a 6800 GT in Sept. (am not at home next 2 months so i might as well hope for dropping prices or at least cards with vga silencer)
Since i have to use the PC for the next days still i installed my good old GF 3 TI-200. I remember it was a great overclocker even with itS' passive cooled GPU. I applied a fan on it now but i have no clue how far i pushed it back then.

Is there any tool to find the max overclock like ATI Tool for Radeons?

Thx in advance

ChrisRay
07-07-04, 03:28 AM
Just use Coolbits, It has all the OCing features you'll ever need, It has a "guess" Overclock tool called "Detect optimal frequencies"

Nvidia basically has all the Overclocking tools you'll need hidden in the control panel

Jedi Rainman
07-07-04, 03:40 AM
How do you keep the settings saved? Everytime I OC and hit apply, and then go back in, everything is set back to default...

ChrisRay
07-07-04, 03:53 AM
How do you keep the settings saved? Everytime I OC and hit apply, and then go back in, everything is set back to default...

Step 1, Test and Apply Clock frequencies to Performance (3d Mode)

Step 2, Test and Apply clock frequencies to Standard (2d Mode)

You have to apply clock frequencies to both tabs in order for them to stick.

Chris

M.r Bob
07-07-04, 04:04 AM
i did all this test and save it , but it hapen to me 2 , after the comp rebot it back to stock clock again , now am using powerstrip and is working fine but coolbit is not working for me

ChrisRay
07-07-04, 04:05 AM
i did all this test and save it , but it hapen to me 2 , after the comp rebot it back to stock clock again

You have to set 3d clocks first, Then you have to go in and specify a 2d clock and set it afterwards, Theres no other work around. otherwise it will reset.

M.r Bob
07-07-04, 04:13 AM
thas what i ben doing

ChrisRay
07-07-04, 04:15 AM
Well thats the solution, it seems to work for everyone else, I assume you have clicked apply settings at startup.

M.r Bob
07-07-04, 04:41 AM
of course

mustrum
07-07-04, 04:46 AM
I use coolbits but autodetect wont work on GF3 cards.
Found out it works @ 230core (175 stock) 470memory (400 stock) in my favorite game Live for Speed.
Painkiller crapped out on that clocks tho. (unplayable anyways with this card)

M.r Bob
07-07-04, 07:55 AM
nvm coolbits is working fine now

GravY
07-07-04, 09:07 AM
with coolbits you have to set freq in 3d dont worry about 2d.. test - apply and then select use current, that will set it to load at those speeds @ when windows loads....

Jedi Rainman
07-07-04, 08:21 PM
My settings are still not saving themselves. Here is exactly what I did.

I clicked on "Clock Frenquencies"

I selected "Manuel Overclocking"

I accepted the terms

I selected "Performance 3D" from the settings

I clicked "Detect Optimal Frenquencies"

It shows 460MHz/1.17GHz

I "Checked" apply these settings at startup

I hit "Apply"

I reset and go back to the same exact place and all my settings are reset

*UPDATE*

I just tried it again 3 more times and tried a few different things and once again, the damn thing continues to reset the settings.