PDA

View Full Version : 6800 in Canada?

Arm4
07-07-04, 12:10 PM
Hello all,

Is there any place/site that will ship the 6800 GT to Canada?

I'm looking to order (or pre-order) the 6800 GT and I'm from Canada. Does anyone know where I can order one on-line?

I know I may have to wait, but I just want to place an order! I've tried BestBuy (wont ship to Canada) I've tried Fry's Outpost (got an e-Mail canceling my order).

I've seen a few forum posters that said that they've got their card and live in Canada... Where did you get your card from?

Edit: (Oops, Looking for the BFG model, if possible. But I'll take all the info I can get!)

Any links would be great!

Ruined
07-07-04, 12:13 PM
Monarch Computer

eVGA 6800GT in stock
http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=190144&Category_Code=VC-NV

"SHIPPING
We currently ship to Continental U.S.,Hawaii, Alaska, Canada, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the Virgin Islands only. We offer FedEx Express Saver (3-day service), FedEx Ground (5-7 day service), or FedEx Standard Overnight (1-2 day Service) for Orders in the Continental US Orders to Alaska and Hawaii ship FedEx 2-Day Air Only. Orders shipping to APO/FPO Addresses, Puerto Rico, Guam and the Virgin Islands are via United States Postal Service (USPS) Only. Orders shipping to Canada are via United States Postal Service (USPS) or United Parcel Service (UPS)."

Arm4
07-07-04, 12:19 PM
Hey, thanks for the quick response.

Any links to the BFG 6800 GT for order?

I'll check out Monarch.

Edit: Ooh, I see they have the BFG 6800 Ultra... but not the GT.

Ruined
07-07-04, 12:20 PM
Hey, thanks for the quick response.

Any links to the BFG 6800 GT for order?

I'll check out Monarch.

Not that I know of, but you could try the various resellers on this list:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30155

Might want to call Comp U Plus or Space Center Systems and see if they will ship to Canada.

JoKeRr
07-07-04, 12:36 PM
damn, I live in Canada too, still no sign of ANY 6800 locally, not even in Torondo :(

Arm4
07-07-04, 12:40 PM
Yeah, thats why I'm hoping to order on-line from a US company. I doubt we'll get any in Canada, in-store, for a few months.

The search continues... But if anyone beats me to it... Let me know. :)

sprange
07-07-04, 01:31 PM
I ordered a 6800 GT from eVga yesterday (the free FarCry was the ticket), although I had lost a battle with their online order system (it would never verify my CC address), and ended up ordering over the phone. I also discovered that their mail server is extremely paranoid, and blocked virtually all my attempts to send an email (I finally discovered that it doesn't block hotmail). Unfortunately since they ship via UPS, I'll end up with that damned brokerage fee...which is why I usually use USPS instead. The card was apparently shipped today, so we'll see when it arrives. Good luck trying to locate the card locally...

Sean

Arm4
07-07-04, 01:44 PM
Just orded a BFG 6800 GT from Space Center Systems!

On its way to Canada... Should arrive within 2-4 business days. Hope it dosn't get canceled like with Outpost.

Card: $425.00 USD
Shipping: $17.00 USD (Via UPS Standard)

Jacked a little, but its not too bad. I'll pay a bit extra to get it sooner. :)

Thanks for the links!

Spliffstarr
07-07-04, 02:18 PM
shame u had to pay that much. i got a bfg 6800 gt for 409 and change shipped off the for sale/for trade forum and it got delivered in 4 days. By the way i live in toronto, canada too..