PDA

View Full Version : Counter Strike: Source BS

GlowStick
07-07-04, 08:02 PM
Look at Valves new annoucement

Starting later this summer, Valve will be conducting a limited-time beta of Counter-Strike: Source via Steam. The beta will first be open to subscribers of the Valve Cyber Café Program, and then extended to owners of Counter-Strike: Condition Zero. The next installment of the world’s number 1 online action game, Counter-Strike: Source blends CS’s intense teamplay with the advanced technology of Valve’s Source engine.

Look at what they are trying to pull!

Since their game, witch happens to suck didnt sell at all, they are trying to bait people to buy CS:CZ to make up for it. How are they baiting? By makeing a false promice they have no intention to keep by saying "You will get a chance to be in the CS:Source beta"

I cant belive how low Valve will go to make a few quick dollers.

Zeta
07-07-04, 08:19 PM
Well I have CZ so no problem here.

PenguinJim
07-07-04, 08:40 PM
So YOU'RE the guy who bought it. :)

Bleh. Valve really should stop being so crap. Any announcements yet on when the HL2 benchmark will be released? They haven't announced any delays, so I'm still expecting it in September 2003.
:lame:

Edge
07-07-04, 08:56 PM
Erm, what exactly is the problem? CS:CZ players get to play a beta of the new CS before people who didn't buy it...what is wrong with that? Would you complain about Blizzard if they made their World of Warcraft beta only availible to those who own Warcraft 3 or Diablo 2? It's not like companies are expected, let alone required, to publicly release betas. And if anything, it's the CS:CZ owners who NEED to have some sort of justification for their purchase. Now if they did in fact not release the beta to CS:CZ owners like they're promising, that's one thing, but why in the world do you think they're lying when they say that the beta will be availible to CS:CZ owners?

PenguinJim
07-07-04, 09:02 PM
I guess I'm not a fan of exclusive betas (such as these) in general. Being judged on whether or not I own one (often poor, and often poorly-selling) piece of software is not how I like my beta applications to be. I think something like this happened with EQ2 beta spots and the abysmal Lords of Everquest RTS. It's a poor attempt to make more cash while flooding betas with people who are there to play rather than to test, and don't even know what a bug report tool is.

So I hate that principle, and then I also don't like Gabe "Who Ate All The Source Code" Newell. So I don't like this announcement at all. :)

GlowStick
07-07-04, 09:10 PM
Erm, what exactly is the problem? CS:CZ players get to play a beta of the new CS before people who didn't buy it...what is wrong with that? Would you complain about Blizzard if they made their World of Warcraft beta only availible to those who own Warcraft 3 or Diablo 2? It's not like companies are expected, let alone required, to publicly release betas. And if anything, it's the CS:CZ owners who NEED to have some sort of justification for their purchase. Now if they did in fact not release the beta to CS:CZ owners like they're promising, that's one thing, but why in the world do you think they're lying when they say that the beta will be availible to CS:CZ owners?
Those betas really arnet fair at all. I honestly dont belive that the beta is EVER going to be released to them, but they are Saying it just to sell copies of CZ. In fact, even owning CZ still dosent let you in, it just gives you the CHANCE to get in the beta.

Im sure the beta is gonna happen with valves timeline lets see what it is.

1) Release HL2 SDK
2) Release HL2 Benchmark
3) Release HL2

Lets see, they are almost done with... hmmm let me check, absoutly none, infact they probly stoped on HL2 and all are donig CS:Source :D

Its a crappy gimick to sell copys of a crappy game. We all need to boycott all Valve products untill they release HL2, if we got a total boycott that actually would scame them pritty good :D

Gabe "Who Ate All The Source Code" Newell
Zing! (spit)

Zeta
07-07-04, 10:52 PM
Hmm. I dont know why it keeps getting said the CZ sucks. Have you guys that are saying this played it? I am certainly not saying it is the best game in the world but it is a nice game. I dont regret buying it. If you dont like CS then you will not like CZ. I love CS and I like CZ.

GlowStick
07-08-04, 12:12 AM
Hmm. I dont know why it keeps getting said the CZ sucks. Have you guys that are saying this played it? I am certainly not saying it is the best game in the world but it is a nice game. I dont regret buying it. If you dont like CS then you will not like CZ. I love CS and I like CZ.
Well its a good purchase for someone who dosnet have Halflife, and my friend actually didnt and he bought it. Played it at his house, wasent impressed. CS is still a good "free" game.

de><ta
07-08-04, 07:18 AM
It looks kinda okay... but I think I will stick with RS.

link to trailer of CS:source (what a wierd name):
http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_halflife2cs_e3_2k4_cam.mov

Fatman
07-08-04, 02:21 PM
GlowStick, there are different way you can look at it. I see it as a more of a "thank you" to the fans who bought CZ. As far as CZ goes, it doesn't suck IMO, but it doesn't offer enough new stuff to justify its price. Especially if you own HL, or another HL/CS package.