PDA

View Full Version : Malicious or Unstable Forceware

Ruined
07-08-04, 10:16 AM
I've heard numerous people complain now that 61.80 has caused system instability and other problems. Being that these leaks could be hacked drivers causing problems for your card, I think it would be good to point out which drivers have caused severe problems (ie overheating, constant crashing) for people. I think rewt said he even knew of a driverset that tried to fry his card. So lets list them here, and where you got them from.

SAFE:
61.21 (guru3d)
61.36 (guru3d)
61.71 (guru3d)

MALICIOUS:
61.40 (station drivers)
61.80 (guru3d)

Superfly
07-08-04, 10:22 AM
61.36 is NOT available @ Guru3D.

NVIDIA will not allow them to host that version - there is a message in this if you read between the lines.

EDIT - I see it is now?? - when it first leaked they were not able to host this version, I think the final WHQL is gonna be very close to 61.36 - there is something "more certain" about them..........

rewt
07-08-04, 10:37 AM
The driver I was referring to in the other thread was 61.40 beta. I believe I got it from station-drivers site a while back. The odd thing is that the date is old compared to lower driver build numbers. Same thing goes for 61.80. Its date is older than that of 61.71, which doesn't make any sense at all. So I wouldn't recommend using either 61.40 or 61.80 drivers.

61.71, on the other hand, run well for me. They actually came from nV developers site, so at least they are official (but not WHQL).

Ruined
07-09-04, 01:32 AM
61.36 is NOT available @ Guru3D.

NVIDIA will not allow them to host that version - there is a message in this if you read between the lines.

EDIT - I see it is now?? - when it first leaked they were not able to host this version, I think the final WHQL is gonna be very close to 61.36 - there is something "more certain" about them..........

Are you implying something is wrong with 61.36? IIRC it was leaked directly from Gainward... Or are you just saying you think that is close to the final release?

Superfly
07-09-04, 08:26 AM
im saying the final release is likely to be close to 61.36, certainly still a 61.xx driver.

I'll keep you posted........

EDIT: I know for a fact that 61.80 is fake, dont ask me how........cant say.

Sgt_Pitt
07-10-04, 01:56 AM
yes there is a driver out there that causes your card to fry.

I left my dad using my computer with one of the older 60.xx series (around the time when 6 drivers a week were coming out) and he started to smell a burning smell coming from my pc. he immediatley switched it off. and when i got home my windows wouldnt boot up i had to start in safe mode and install new drivers, i think thats how i did it.

Anyway i cant remember which driver series it was, but im using 61.34 now and they are fine.

lowdog
07-10-04, 04:52 AM
When the hell are we going to get OFFICIAL WHQL certified drivers for our 6800's from Nvidia?????

I am still waiting to try out the on chip video encoder which until now is still unfunctional.....correct me if I am wrong here.