PDA

View Full Version : Do you use DV? If so, what setting?

jAkUp
07-08-04, 10:34 PM
I would like to jump into this Digital Vibrance thing, since I was never really a fan of it in the past, but I am just curious as to what setting you guys set your DV to.
Post a screenshot of your slider settings, reply, or just vote in the poll ;)

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=6852&stc=1

CaptNKILL
07-08-04, 10:37 PM
I would like to jump into this Digital Vibrance thing, since I was never really a fan of it in the past, but I am just curious as to what setting you guys set your DV to.
Post a screenshot of your slider settings, reply, or just vote in the poll ;)
What poll? :D :kill:

combat_wombat
07-08-04, 10:42 PM
off

-=DVS=-
07-08-04, 11:05 PM
off

ChrisRay
07-08-04, 11:07 PM
Low :)

anzak
07-08-04, 11:14 PM
Low, 5 keystrokes to the right.

burningrave101
07-08-04, 11:18 PM
What does it do???

surfnet
07-08-04, 11:22 PM
Personally this is one of the main reasons I love Nvidia cards. You get addicted to DV.

Surfnet

WeReWoLf
07-08-04, 11:22 PM
medium. to answer your question, it increases the intensity of colours within the windows operating system. that includes games. Medium goes really well with Farcry.

burningrave101
07-08-04, 11:29 PM
medium. to answer your question, it increases the intensity of colours within the windows operating system. that includes games. Medium goes really well with Farcry.

Ahhhhh, i see what it does now. I just tried it out :).

surfnet
07-08-04, 11:36 PM

Agreed...Farcry and DV = :clap:

rewt
07-08-04, 11:41 PM
Medium. It really livens up my desktop, and games look much more vibrant as well.

fivefeet8
07-08-04, 11:43 PM
I use Low DV for my desktop. In games, I usually set DV to low and set image sharpening to low as well. ;)

Richteralan
07-09-04, 12:04 AM
Low

lightman
07-09-04, 02:49 AM
Off.

I have a calibrated mon/printer/scanner setup with MonacoSys Optix, and DV simply screws things up. No way I'm gonna use it ;)

fivefeet8
07-09-04, 03:32 AM
I've always wondered, what exactly does Digital Vibrance do. Does it only saturate colors? Or is gamma involved too? I've tried to mimic the affect with photoshop and it seems that DV only saturates colors making them more, pardon the pun, vibrant.

Also, I've read from a few Ati zealots that Digital Vibrance can be mimicked exactly on Ati hardware using the color and gamma controls. Is that true?

Morrow
07-09-04, 05:46 AM
I've always wondered, what exactly does Digital Vibrance do. Does it only saturate colors? Or is gamma involved too? I've tried to mimic the affect with photoshop and it seems that DV only saturates colors making them more, pardon the pun, vibrant.

Also, I've read from a few Ati zealots that Digital Vibrance can be mimicked exactly on Ati hardware using the color and gamma controls. Is that true?

Not sure what Digital Vibrance exactly does since it's patented and kept secret by nvidia but it is basically controlling color separation and intensity and does NOT affect gamma nor brightness.

And no, the DV effect cannot anyhow emulated on Radeon cards.

OWA
07-09-04, 08:02 AM
Yeah, I've heard them say that as well but I've never been able to accomplish that.

saturnotaku
07-09-04, 08:29 AM

I've owned several ATI cards and there is absolutely no way DV can be mimicked through color and gamma controls.

And to answer the question, I have mine set about halfway between off and low. It's just right for everything I do. I never really realized how much I missed DV until I had been away from NVIDIA for a while. :)

Gator
07-09-04, 08:29 AM
I use the Medium setting (2nd notch)

Although I love my dual NEC 15" LCD's, I'm sorry to report the color looks washed out if I don't use Digital Vibrance. Which is why I'm so greatful Nvidia includes this feature in their drivers :)

And besides, I happen to like the look of saturated colors, most especially in UT2k4. It makes all the blood and fire look great!
:rw: :firedevil

jAkUp
07-09-04, 11:56 AM
I just set it to 5 ticks to the right.. and I actually like it. Makes everything look more lively. And somehow I am pwning more in UT2004! w00t!