PDA

View Full Version : Something that bother's me...

Odral
07-09-04, 03:39 PM
You know what bothers me about this launch the most is that nvidia anounced it on april 14th I believe with a 45 days into retail after the anouncement. it's now july and I know it's mostly due to imb chip shortages but I would really like for nvidia to come and make an official statement as to why the long delay. they should really tell there customer's why the delay.

saturnotaku
07-09-04, 04:31 PM
At least you can buy a 6800 Ultra. Now the X800XT.........

Arioch
07-09-04, 04:35 PM
At least you can buy a 6800 Ultra. Now the X800XT.........

The X800XT's show up from time to time at online sites but sell out fast. The 6800 Ultra's aren't exactly falling from the sky. Let's just say there are a lot of places with lines of preorders and backorders for both high end cards but I can't find a place where they are in stock for any significant amount of time.

I go through the Geforce 6 Pre-order Guide stickied at the top of this forum almost every day and can't find a single 6800 Ultra in stock.

I would like to note I sift through the Rage3D and Nvnews forums equally and the status of both high end cards is about the same.

evilchris
07-09-04, 05:00 PM
GT's are plentiful at least :P Can't say the same for X800 PRO. NVIDIA beat ATI to general brick and mortar availability, even after all that smack talking from the ATI camp. I know at Fry's San Diego they had over 30 GT's on the shelf, zero X800 PRO's. The Dept. Manager said they have not received any X800's yet of any type.

Arioch
07-09-04, 05:06 PM
GT's are plentiful at least :P Can't say the same for X800 PRO. NVIDIA beat ATI to general brick and mortar availability, even after all that smack talking from the ATI camp. I know at Fry's San Diego they had over 30 GT's on the shelf, zero X800 PRO's. The Dept. Manager said they have not received any X800's yet of any type.

Yeah I will agree that the 6800GT's are available in retail stores while X800 Pros can be had but only on the internet right now. Nvidia launched their product almost 4 weeks earlier so this doesn't surprise me that much that thier cards are showing up first. I will say each company has had a horrible launch this time even if it is due to issues that may or may not be their fault directly. It's too bad we as consumers are having to bear the end result of this.

:bash:

qballshalls2002
07-09-04, 06:44 PM
You know what bothers me about this launch the most is that nvidia anounced it on april 14th I believe with a 45 days into retail after the anouncement. it's now july and I know it's mostly due to imb chip shortages but I would really like for nvidia to come and make an official statement as to why the long delay. they should really tell there customer's why the delay.

Yea im kinda pissed myself.But Im still saving for the 6800ultra until these cards become actually in stock and sold as "oem versions" which mean they may be in the $450 range.But hey its teaching me to be patient.