PDA

View Full Version : Who makes the best nVidia cards?

Omega53
07-09-04, 03:45 PM
Im looking to buy my first nvidia card, a 6800 GT. I was wondering who makes the best cards and has the best bundles?

Arioch
07-09-04, 03:49 PM
Well BFG's cards are overclocked right out of the box and they carry a lifetime warranty which isn't a bad thing. I also think they bundle Far Cry with it but many enthusiasts already have that game.

Omega53
07-09-04, 03:49 PM
Yea I already have it, but a second copy wouldnt hurt :)

Flak
07-09-04, 03:51 PM
eVGA bundles Farcry with it's 6800s, BFG does not. PNY also offers a lifetime warranty just like BFG.

Arioch
07-09-04, 03:53 PM
eVGA bundles Farcry with it's 6800s, BFG does not. PNY also offers a lifetime warranty just like BFG.

My bad - I still like the guaranteed overclock though.

Omega53
07-09-04, 03:53 PM

Im liking the idea of an already OCed card that would save me some time in finding a good OC.

ricercar
07-09-04, 04:00 PM
PNY does NOT offer a lifetime warranty. PNY offers a "product lifetime" warranty. This means they support a card only while it's still being sold. For example, my PNY 5800 Ultas are no longer under warranty.

That being said, PNY support rules. I never got a faster RMA replacement than when i needed one for a PNY card. They cross-shipped my replacement and let me wait to ship the bad card back in the box the new one arrived in.

eVGA is also a solid brand. They have good forums where the eVGA people actually answer and help.

ASUS support SUXORS. I have been trying to get support on an ASUS V9900TD for almost a year now. Since September 2003 I keep getting forwarded to yet another person for a simple RMA request. :lame:

Vagrant Zero
07-09-04, 04:00 PM
PNY's guaruntee is for the lifetime of the CARD'S PRODUCTION RUN...BFG offers a real lifetime warranty.

Edit: Bah, beaten to it by mere seconds.

Pandora's Box
07-09-04, 04:03 PM
i would say go with a leadtek 6800 GT. the cooling solution rocks on it!

no where has it in stock yet though

Arioch
07-09-04, 04:10 PM
With product availability the way it is right now anyone that can get their cards into the market quickest in big volumes is going to make some good money. Right now BFG seems to be doing that with their 6800GT's.