PDA

View Full Version : Taking donations for GeForce 2 cooling(plz read)

EDWARD TIVRUSKY
07-11-04, 04:15 PM
My video card fan is craping out and i don't have the cash to buy a new one. I'll pay for shipping, but can't afford to pay for the fan outright. The card is not under warrenty, nor is it new. The one i have isn't going to last much longer so if your going to respond, please do so promptly through pm's.

Ps: Saturn, please pm me

Edge
07-11-04, 11:25 PM
Hmm, I *might* have an extra GF3 fan, if it fits on the GF2 then I guess I could send it to you. I'd prefer to keep it, but if noone else can help I guess I'll step up to the plate. Might be time to upgrade the GF2 though, don't you think ;)

{Sniping}Waste
07-12-04, 01:43 PM
Need a pic of your card to see what will work.

EDWARD TIVRUSKY
07-12-04, 05:03 PM
I don't have a digital camera, and i "upgraded" when i got this card about a week ago. I bought it from ed, and i believe he knew nothing about the fan problem. I estimate the fan to be about 1.5" to 2" in diameter on a gainward gf2 ti golden sample. I have a temporary fan placed to suppliment the dying one, but when the original one dies i wont be able to run it for long periods of time. It's a nice card and it was a good low cost solution for me, aside from the fan issue. If i knew what i know now, i'd have paid more for the card inspite of the problem. A good VIVO card for that little was too good to pass up. :)

Ps. i'll try to get a picture in paint to show an aproximation of the card for lack of a camera

mrdak
07-12-04, 09:10 PM
I have the fan that you need, Its' one of those orbs, OK, I just found it, It's a ThermalTake crystal orb, and it fits the Geforce 3's 50x50 mm are the dimensions of the fan. I have the box and the grease it came with. It cost me 14.00 bucks and it was the wrong thing for me. I don't need it at all, so it's on you, for Zero dollars and cents. Even though I can't see why you can pay shippingn but you can't buy a fan like this for about 10.00 more. You say how, and I'll help. Just do this for me.
If you know anyone who may want my 5900NU, for 140.00, please send them in my direction, ok ? I desperatley need to replace my motherboard. Thanks......PM me.

mrdak
07-12-04, 09:16 PM
Wait,
Ed, I have a GF2mx....32mb card by Abit....=20.00. also a ti4600, pNY for 75.00. would you be interested ?? That 4600 is a very good vid card, nearlly as good as a 5900. I promise...75.00 is pretty good for a card that sold for 400.00 Samoleians...think about it.

Kamel
07-13-04, 12:28 AM
not to be rude, but if he can't afford a fan, i don't think he'll be able to afford that.

mrdak
07-13-04, 01:05 AM
not to be rude, but if he can't afford a fan, i don't think he'll be able to afford that.

I guess you're right. I just said if he knew someone who would be looking, to let me know...anyways, the fan is a thermaltake p/n :A1178, if it will match up I can help.

EDWARD TIVRUSKY
07-16-04, 06:12 PM
Sorry for the wait, my connection is unreliable. Here is the promised paint pic(It is just an estimate).

JoKeRr
07-16-04, 10:44 PM
i could use a geforce 3 cooler too, fan dead long ago, stopped screen raining effect with an 80mm fan DUCTED TAPED BELOW the vid card.... not the prettiest thing to see...

EDWARD TIVRUSKY
07-21-04, 09:19 PM
Events beyond my control have kept me offline for a few days, sorry. The fan has died and i will need to wait on the money now for the shipping. A lot can happen in just a few days. :(