PDA

View Full Version : BFG 6800 GT temp?

nvnews-reader
07-12-04, 01:32 AM
What temp does your card runs at? I've played games for a few hours as well as ran Nvidia demos and my temp is almost always 58C plus or minus a degree. Just wondering if thats normal. The slow down temp is set to 120C which is a long ways away from 58. I thought these cards were supposed to run super hot. :confused:

evilchris
07-12-04, 01:41 AM
Check it while running a 3D game in a window. The GPU cools off extremely fast when you exit your game.

JGene
07-12-04, 02:21 AM
Mine idles about 53/54C and is about 74/76C during load. The ambient temperature according to the video card is about 35C.

ynnek
07-13-04, 02:17 AM
download the rthdribl demo.. it really makes your video card work hard, much harder than most games

http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/rthdribl/index.html

run this in a window (the skull model is my fav) and beside it run the temp monitor.

For example, I ran UT2K4 for 25 mins specing a heavy bot match.. core temps didn't rise much above 70.. and 50 ambient

But running the rthdribl demo, after 30-40 mins, the core temp stabalizes at 90C with ambient at 60!

I notice when I ran Beyond Good and Evil, the temps go high too, although since I can't play it in windowed mode, so I don't get a accurate reading since the temps drop fast when you stop the game.. but I've glimpsed them coming down to from above 76C, hotter than unreal...

My abient temps should be about the same since this room is always AC'd at a constant temp...

Perhaps the use of pixel shaders really heats the 6800's?

cam9786
07-13-04, 08:18 PM
Not Shaders, the 220M transistors heat it into fry egg heat.

fasedww
07-14-04, 07:26 AM
Check it while running a 3D game in a window. The GPU cools off extremely fast when you exit your game.how do yo do this I'm using power strip for overclocking
:)

ynnek
07-14-04, 11:51 AM
yea, but it almost looks like the more complex shaders used, the hotter it runs... but perhaps its just cause of limitations of certain gaming engines..

but yes, of course, physically all the gates cause heat.

monitering temp rates: just run whatever demo in a window, and open up the advanced driver settings and keep the temp tab open on the side......

Not Shaders, the 220M transistors heat it into fry egg heat.

fasedww
07-15-04, 06:17 AM
yea, but it almost looks like the more complex shaders used, the hotter it runs... but perhaps its just cause of limitations of certain gaming engines..

but yes, of course, physically all the gates cause heat.

monitering temp rates: just run whatever demo in a window, and open up the advanced driver settings and keep the temp tab open on the side......how do you open in a window upon starting the demo everything is full screen for me don't no how do put it in window
:)