PDA

View Full Version : Vantec fan card into a PCI slot??

gate1975mlm
07-12-04, 07:37 AM
I have a Vantec fan card into a PCI slot. Its right next to the AGP slot. And every PCI slot is filled. Could that cause any problems? I have seen in some reviews that they recommend not putting a pci card next to the Vantec fan. Right now I have a Geforce 3 TI 200 but tomorrow I am getting a 6800 GT.

Viral
07-12-04, 08:16 AM
What are all the PCI cards filling up the slots? Large or small? any that can be removed?

I would personally put the fan card 1 PCI slot away (a spare one between the two cards) and have at least one free space behind it also. No this doesn't leave many slots free (1 or 2) but most people buying the vantec fan card should have that space. Unfortunately you don't.

Mesce
07-12-04, 08:55 AM
Well gate I had a pretty bad problem with my vantec pci fan. Imisse one slot and put it under my 5900 u so it had breathing space but I found out that the sound card had been giving off some sort of heat and was just blowing hot air onto the 5900 and i found out in games my card wasat 75 degrees i only realised it wasnt the card when i tried it in a friends pc