PDA

View Full Version : Out of nowhere...

PaiN
07-12-04, 12:38 PM
I don't want to turn this into a rant, but I damn well feel like it :argh: ....after all I went through, after everything was running sweet for over a week, now all of a sudden out of nowhere I'm getting the dropped frames and major CTDs, AGAIN!
Since, I've rebuilt..I've actually been running at 3.6ghz(225x16) instead of my usual 3.7ghz. of course, first thing I did the system started acting up was remove all OCing and performance tweaks from the Video, CPU and RAM.....and it didn't make a damn bit of difference.

:fu: I'm contemplating my next move

jcossin
07-12-04, 02:14 PM
Have you tried running Prime95 to make sure your system is completely stable outside of the video card? (CPU, mainboard, memory)

PaiN
07-12-04, 03:19 PM
Yes sir...this set-up has been rock solid @ 3.7 (231x16) since Dec03

-=DVS=-
07-12-04, 08:57 PM
Well its possible you slowly damaged some kind of component at high overcloaks and overtime it got unstable.....or perhapse new software you installed resently messes up things , windows reinstall is an option.

PaiN
07-12-04, 10:35 PM
hmm...I increased the the AGP voltage to 1.6v(from default), this seemed to stabilize the system.....I'm back on full clocks (CPU & Vid)....and have been playing for hours without a crash. All the Painkiller saves from the level I had the first crash on were corrupted and would not play on any setting. I had to load from the previous, once I got figured out I was able to replay without a problem.

mustrum
07-13-04, 05:40 AM
hmm...I increased the the AGP voltage to 1.6v(from default), this seemed to stabilize the system.....I'm back on full clocks (CPU & Vid)....and have been playing for hours without a crash. All the Painkiller saves from the level I had the first crash on were corrupted and would not play on any setting. I had to load from the previous, once I got figured out I was able to replay without a problem.
Glad to hear you could solve your problem that easy.
Your card is a powersucker. :p