PDA

View Full Version : new bfg 6800 GT

fasedww
07-13-04, 06:25 AM
Ok tonight when I get home from work, I'm going to install this BFG 6800 GT, Ok I'll have to wipe my ATI driver's out, Can I just use the Ati Uninstall utility, then reboot cancel driver installation, Oh yeah have net. card unplugged, and go into the registry and remove everything thats ati, then shutdown, and put my 6800 in and install drivers? Hows that sound? I'm scared about driver cleaner in the past I always get this cannot find hardware and cannot ever be able to install drivers unless I reformat, I really don't want to reformat this time, There's got to be a way to remove driver's without having to reformat right? :)

PaiN
07-13-04, 06:52 AM
I used "DriverCleaner3" dl from guru3d.com...It worked with out a prob.
I ended up doing a clean XP install anyway :rolleyes:

fasedww
07-13-04, 07:18 AM
I used "DriverCleaner3" dl from guru3d.com...It worked with out a prob.
I ended up doing a clean XP install anyway :rolleyes:Why did you do the clean install, just because you felt like it? :)

PaiN
07-13-04, 07:29 AM
No (I NEVER feel like re-installing Window;) ), I was having several different issues with games like failures to load, CTD's and graphical abnomalites.
The Format and clean install fixed most things up

fasedww
07-13-04, 08:54 PM
Used driver cleaner, to remove my ati drivers, got this BFG 6800 GT installed, Clocked at 419 core and 1149 Mem, at idle with my cool case it's at 54-55cand at loads 58-64C ,really is a great card, I;ll be putting a zalman resrator 1 on the video card all by itself, after I run it for a week, maybe get the core up to 425mhz and above I hope. Absolutley no problems with these 61.72 driver's I have SP2 rc2 installed 2149 version also. really like this card way to go BFG and Nvidia' :clap: