PDA

View Full Version : e-mail nVidia...

PaiN
07-13-04, 07:54 AM
Here's what I had to say to them;
nVidia,
I'll keep this simple and to the point. It is absolutely unacceptable that this far into the launch of the 6800 series graphics cards your company has not made available an "official" 6800 supporting WHQL driver. After I purchased my card I was not expecting to have to "search the net and forums" for leaked drives to get this card working and performing up to its capabilities. No, that was totally unexpected from a card backed by the "best" driver team in the business. Please, expedite an "official" release, thank you

maybe we should all send a little love note, today ;)

PaiN
07-13-04, 08:33 AM
here's a direct link to thier customer service form:

http://support.nvidia.com/Content/NVSupport/frmSupport.asp?RequestTypeID=10

EMunEeE
07-13-04, 08:42 AM
Yes, NVIDIA's lack of WHQL drivers for their 6800 series cards is taking the cake. Their hardware is one point this generation, lets just hope they placed the same emphasis on their software.

Gn00b
07-13-04, 08:49 AM
I sent them a little piece of my mind, also...unfortunately I dont have much to spare :/

Vapor Trail
07-13-04, 10:34 AM
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=820

Looks like it worked. ;)

burningrave101
07-13-04, 11:30 AM
here's a direct link to thier customer service form:

http://support.nvidia.com/Content/NVSupport/frmSupport.asp?RequestTypeID=10

Is this the contact e-mail i use when i have driver issues and need to report a gameplay issue? lol

I was looking for a way to contact nVidia back when i had my 5900XT and playing Morrowind. The 5X.XX series drivers are HORRIBLE in Morrowind. Tons of issues. Certain people told me that i would have to contact my cards manufacturer, Gigabyte in my case, to report a driver bug. Is that true?

Superfly
07-13-04, 11:46 AM
nah - just bombard this E-Mail address!!!!!

I do

support@nvidia.com

you will get an auto-reply giving you the proper e-mail address.

I actually got a response once!!!!

SignorSalad
07-13-04, 01:36 PM
Is this the contact e-mail i use when i have driver issues and need to report a gameplay issue? lol

I was looking for a way to contact nVidia back when i had my 5900XT and playing Morrowind. The 5X.XX series drivers are HORRIBLE in Morrowind. Tons of issues. Certain people told me that i would have to contact my cards manufacturer, Gigabyte in my case, to report a driver bug. Is that true?

hrmm, I had no issues with morrowind, and the expansions with a 5900nu and the 5x.xx drivers.

SmuvMoney
07-13-04, 02:09 PM
Pain, thanks for the link. I made use of it to professionally contact nVidia about their lack of official drivers for the 6800.

jcossin
07-13-04, 08:18 PM
I too gave a professional, polite e-mail, and I got the following response!

**DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL---NVIDIA WILL NOT RECEIVE YOUR REPLY**

Dear Jon Cossin,

Thank you for your email. The newer display driver for the Geforce 6800 family will be posted early next week. Along with the newer drivers, we will also be posting the Geforce 6800 demos.

Regards,
NVIDIA Technical Support

**DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL---NVIDIA WILL NOT RECEIVE YOUR REPLY**

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ruined
07-13-04, 08:50 PM
:nana: :dance: (daz) :box:

evilchris
07-13-04, 08:50 PM
Damn, finally. 3 months after "launch", lol!

MontoyaSG
07-13-04, 10:34 PM
Damn, finally. 3 months after "launch", lol!

maybe that set of driver will fully turn on all features

mrgoodcheese
07-14-04, 11:08 AM
I used to think WHQL drivers meant something special, but over time using various beta and WHQL drivers, I realized it meant about as much as a THX label............. nothing. Whether the drivers are beta or WHQL, it doesn't matter. Just use what performs the best.

SLippe
07-14-04, 02:17 PM
If nVidia says they are going to release a new driver set early next week, I wonder if that means Microsoft is releasing SP2 then, or at least the new DX? Hmmmmm

Morrow
07-14-04, 04:00 PM
If nVidia says they are going to release a new driver set early next week, I wonder if that means Microsoft is releasing SP2 then, or at least the new DX? Hmmmmm

SP2 including DX9.0c will be released beginning-mid August, no doubt about that.

07-15-04, 09:50 AM
The date is probably July 20th, aka DOOM3 benchmarking day. :D
I'm more interested in the demos. :drooling:

DMA
07-20-04, 09:04 AM
The date is probably July 20th, aka DOOM3 benchmarking day. :D

Huh? You know something we don't? :D
D3 benchies today? :bounce:

Anyway, about the new drivers. Monday-Tuesday is early in a week, so today then? ;)

skoprowski
07-20-04, 09:21 AM
it will be today. DOOM benchmarking day????? Please explain :)

Mesce
07-20-04, 10:04 AM
ye i would like to hear all about this doom benchmarking day too. Unless he emans all the reviewers get to review the new generation of cards and how they run on doom 3, cos people i know who review games for magazines and internet things have all said that they have a copy but have to complete it before such a day for such a reason.