PDA

View Full Version : doom 3 IS gold......

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

leatherface
07-14-04, 12:13 AM
****UPDATE UPDATE!!!!!!

DOOM 3 IS CONFIRMED GOLD!!!!!!! LET THE PRAISES BE HEARD FROM THE HIGHSET MOUNTAIN TOPS IN HELL!!!!!!!

Tom Hollenshead just make half the world run for a change of underhsorts with this news....

http://www.webdog.org/plans/6/

THE LEGACY OF EVIL LIVES ON!!!!!!!!!!

bah, figured it wont hurt to say it anyway..... being so close to te actual announcement.... dont think i'll get in trouble since it'll be gold by the time any "official" people readit

i work at a EB distribution center and i help mamange all of activisions incoming/outgoing stuff......

we've got the doom 3 boxes, cd (and yes, DVD editions, regardless of what Todd Holleshead said about no DVD version a while back) cases, manuals, and pamphlets allready to go....... The boxes you see for the preorder look NOTHING like the actual retail boxes..... they have a much better image on them and no poly-ated looking hell knight......

Activision gave us word that we should be expecting copies of CD's to fill the orders with within the next 7 days, and they have allready confirmed the game has gone gold, but id software themselves will not state this until thursday or friday of this week

combat_wombat
07-14-04, 12:15 AM
and now we await the endless patches, hehe

oops, I forgot, that's Electronic Arts

jAkUp
07-14-04, 12:15 AM
So when will it be on shelves??!?!?!? I have the game on preorder already :D : D: D: D:

mikechai
07-14-04, 12:19 AM
:drool: :drool: :drool:

Zeno
07-14-04, 12:21 AM
Please be for real this time!

:drooling:

leatherface
07-14-04, 12:23 AM
the word of when it hits the shelves is somewhat accurate..... The 3rd of next month..... but its possible that it could ship as early as July 28, and arrive at EB stores July 29, but there are literally thousands upon thousands of preorders, so those would be covered first.... unless you've preorderd, dont expect to pick up a copy until the following tuesday after the August 3rd release date,which everyone will have plenty of copies by August 10th..........

Jedi Rainman
07-14-04, 12:26 AM
Same here. I'll be all over the DVD Edition.

aAv7
07-14-04, 12:28 AM
so if its a different pic on the real box...whats it look like?

Pimp!
07-14-04, 12:29 AM
who cares about the picture on the box!!! we want the cd's! :)

07-14-04, 12:30 AM
Give us some shots on the real stuff, please. :drooling:

aAv7
07-14-04, 12:31 AM
who cares about the picture on the box!!! we want the cd's! :)

Just trying to see if he's being truthful =) (im new here so if he has cred, I apologize)

Moot
07-14-04, 12:33 AM
yes I would also really love to see box, manuals, and stuff.... I'm so stoked. I can't wait to get my hands on this game.

doodlebob
07-14-04, 12:37 AM
(foshiz)

leatherface
07-14-04, 12:40 AM
lol..... its 12:38 AM here.... you think im gonna waltz into work at midnight and snap a few pics of some boxes? besides thats illegal at current point in time until they start shipping....... there are non-disclosure aggements and ya-yada....

i'd tell ya what the boxes look like, but there are people that may have a problem with that...... besides its just a box.... all that matters anyway is that they look nothing like the doom 3 preorder boxes......

aAv7
07-14-04, 12:50 AM
fair enough :) Keep us updated with any info you aquire and can release. :clap: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling:

datamage
07-14-04, 12:53 AM
leatherface,

I have my order prepurchased w/ebgames.com .. I take it that'll probably be the regular CD version,. is the dvd version a special edition or anything? I'd hate to be stuck with whatever amount of cds the game is. (On EBgames there is no link to buy a DVD version...)

- D.

Bad_Boy
07-14-04, 12:54 AM
guess ill be preordering asap :D

MUYA
07-14-04, 12:59 AM
I will keep a look out in HKG but i guess we will receive our copies a few weeks later than u guys

GlowStick
07-14-04, 02:12 AM
bah, figured it wont hurt to say it anyway..... being so close to te actual announcement.... dont think i'll get in trouble since it'll be gold by the time any "official" people readit

i work at a EB distribution center and i help mamange all of activisions incoming/outgoing stuff......

we've got the doom 3 boxes, cd (and yes, DVD editions, regardless of what Todd Holleshead said about no DVD version a while back) cases, manuals, and pamphlets allready to go....... The boxes you see for the preorder look NOTHING like the actual retail boxes..... they have a much better image on them and no poly-ated looking hell knight......

Activision gave us word that we should be expecting copies of CD's to fill the orders with within the next 7 days, and they have allready confirmed the game has gone gold, but id software themselves will not state this until thursday or friday of this week
You are now a god!

Enjoy :D

Vagrant Zero
07-14-04, 02:57 AM
I am going to hump the DVD Edition.

jAkUp
07-14-04, 02:58 AM
I'll join in for a gangbang... :D :D :D

zoomy942
07-14-04, 03:07 AM
You are now a god!

Enjoy :D

i created an alter.. anyone have any gifts for the gods?

nvnews-reader
07-14-04, 03:34 AM
If you're lying I hope you burn in hell. :firedevil

Slyder
07-14-04, 07:26 AM
I am going to hump the DVD Edition.

Me to, but I dont want my better half to find out, she would leave me if I had an affair. :(

:D

If you're lying I hope you burn in hell. :firedevil

Thats nice :screwy:

Gator
07-14-04, 08:13 AM
I'm thinking it's preorder time, this sounds legit FINALLY. :spank: