PDA

View Full Version : 6800 GT NOT running like crappola..comparisons inside!

aAv7
07-14-04, 10:38 AM
Slap me for my impatients and ignorance. After adding dx9.0c and some nvidia driver changes, things are smooth as butter. I have a few comparisons for you.

All scores are with both cards @ stock

Halo-X800 pro @ 1280X1024 60fps
With the GT same res, 67fps, edit: 72 fps now

nfsu, w/ the x800 pro, I always dipped down to 28 fps in a certain spot, I was starting to think I was cpu limited, actually after alot of driver changes the best I got was 34 fps in this spot w/ my x800 pro.

Gt same settings, in that spot....43fps!!! :drooling:

ut2k4 runs great on both, frames were so fast on both cards it's hard to say whos faster...they both run the game great...but reading posts here and seeing other peoples expierence, I'm sure the gt is a few fps ahead.

Far Cry runs faster by 3-10 fps. Just not liking the fact that I have to use the 1.1 patch for this game in order for it to be playable, cause after using the x800, it's easy to notice the reduced i.q forced by the patch. Think i'll skip this game till the 1.2 patch comes to fix this, and speeds things up! Still, the game is faster with this card.

Painkiller, tomb raider:aod, and rainbow six still havent been tested...i'll try those today.

Loving this card. 16 pipes, faster frames, tons of drivers, sm3.0 support, and a great community here willing to help rather than flame. And after seeing both....nalu beats out ruby. 3dc tech is great and helps....but man....that nalu demo is crazy...especially the lighting.

Thanks for your patients and help with my previous post. It's good to be back with nvidia. Not to bash ati cards, we all know the r300 was great, but ati cards feel....souless...empty....nvidia is so full of life, and their always pushing out something interesting. Thats another reason why i'm back. =) :drooling: :clap:

saturnotaku
07-14-04, 10:48 AM
Far Cry runs faster by 3-10 fps. Just not liking the fact that I have to use the 1.1 patch for this game in order for it to be playable, cause after using the x800, it's easy to notice the reduced i.q forced by the patch. Think i'll skip this game till the 1.2 patch comes to fix this, and speeds things up! Still, the game is faster with this card.

Download the Far Cry R300 path/FP16 .dll file and all those quality issues will go away on the 6800. At least do that until the 1.2 patch is released. I wouldn't want you missing out on this great game because of the IQ issues, which can be band-aid fixed right now. :D

aAv7
07-14-04, 10:52 AM
Download the Far Cry R300 path/FP16 .dll file and all those quality issues will go away on the 6800. At least do that until the 1.2 patch is released. I wouldn't want you missing out on this great game because of the IQ issues, which can be band-aid fixed right now. :D

Hey thanks..I didnt know about that patch. Naperville eh? I'm from oak lawn =)

By the way...I just downloaded my cpu driver and turned off some processes and now Halo benchmarks at 72fps @ 1280X1024, max settings. :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: This card is awesome.

Vapor Trail
07-14-04, 10:54 AM

Go to the files section on Tommti's site and download the Farcry image quality fix patches. They work like a champ.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tommti-systems.de%2Findex2.html&langpair=de%7Cen&hl=en

aAv7
07-14-04, 11:07 AM
Go to the files section on Tommti's site and download the Farcry image quality fix patches. They work like a champ.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tommti-systems.de%2Findex2.html&langpair=de%7Cen&hl=en

Theres a fp16 and a fp32 patch...which is better? I know fp 32 has better i.q, but im assuming it runs slower? I'm using the fp16.dll right now, man-this fixed all my farcry glitches, and the i.q is much better.

mikechai
07-14-04, 11:08 AM
Loving this card. 16 pipes, faster frames, tons of drivers, sm3.0 support, and a great community here willing to help rather than flame. And after seeing both....nalu beats out ruby. 3dc tech is great and helps....but man....that nalu demo is crazy...especially the lighting.

Love your comments! :)
And yes, the 6800GT is awesome! I wish I could own one ....

Vapor Trail
07-14-04, 11:34 AM
Theres a fp16 and a fp32 patch...which is better? I know fp 32 has better i.q, but im assuming it runs slower? I'm using the fp16.dll right now, man-this fixed all my farcry glitches, and the i.q is much better.
I'm running the FP32 patch and it runs great.

TheTaz
07-14-04, 12:00 PM
Slap me for my impatients and ignorance. After adding dx9.0c and some nvidia driver changes, things are smooth as butter. I have a few comparisons for you.

>SMACK<

:naughty: