PDA

View Full Version : Unable to run Cg tree demo

Pages : 1 [2]

mcortz_2000
08-09-02, 09:48 AM
Yes i agree. At least we are moving in the right direction. Compared to what trees looked like back in the day this is definately promising. Anyway rendering a full poly-filled tree is going to be tough on the hardware. Remember Dagath Moors Biological gardens and how the trees in the demo were pretty decently rendered or the original tree demo by nvidia. The tree demo used to kill our systems performance wise. Imagine rendering an entire field of these babies.....hehehe, well we can only dream and wish but at least we know that one day it will become a reality.............

skipparoo
08-09-02, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by mcortz_2000
Yes i agree. At least we are moving in the right direction. Compared to what trees looked like back in the day this is definately promising. Anyway rendering a full poly-filled tree is going to be tough on the hardware. Remember Dagath Moors Biological gardens and how the trees in the demo were pretty decently rendered or the original tree demo by nvidia. The tree demo used to kill our systems performance wise. Imagine rendering an entire field of these babies.....hehehe, well we can only dream and wish but at least we know that one day it will become a reality.............

I've actually never heard of Dagath Moors Biological gardens, and performing a search through Google produced no results. What exactly is this, another nature demo of some kind? I'd like to check it out if so, do you know of a place for download..?

-Skippy

DIMA
08-09-02, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by skipparoo

I've actually never heard of Dagath Moors Biological gardens, and performing a search through Google produced no results. What exactly is this, another nature demo of some kind? I'd like to check it out if so, do you know of a place for download..?

-Skippy

As far as I know, u can't download, it was only available in some GF256 packages (like Creative for instance).

It was something of a nature demo, although u could move there.

It was designed according to what was made possible on the GeForce 256 (T&L, etc...).