PDA

View Full Version : PNY 6800GT problem

gthompson20
07-14-04, 02:48 PM
Ok need some help. I picked up a PNY 6800GT from compusa to replace my 9800pro. I ran drivercleaner and then installed my 6800gt. Everything works great... I install the coolbits 2.0 reg file and get my overclocking options, but nowhere do I see a temperature readout panel on the 6800 tab in advanced display settings.... SO at the advice of someone from HardOCP forums I check the coolbits reg file and everything seems fine. So I install the new version of speedfan... all it detects is my motherboard sensors... DOes this mean my cards sensor is fubared? I did try overclocking and it auto detected at 417 - 1.1 and ran 3dmark03 at 10848..

Also I downloaded the nadu demo and it wont run... DO I need DirectX9c to run the demo?

Specs:
Abit AT7-Max2
1 gig pc 2700
AMD AthlonXP 2400+ at 2.167

Any help is appreciated..

Thanks!
G

|JuiceZ|
07-14-04, 03:04 PM
Weird, picked up the same card last night, completely uninstalled the Catalyst drivers. Installed the card along w/ the 62.01 drivers & all options are availible. Still using dx9b btw, nalu demo runs fine along w/ ut2k4. Didn't have a chance to test anything else. Card only running @ 400/1100 ATM.

Did you get any errors while attempting to run the demo? It should help direct you to the cause of the problem.

gthompson20
07-14-04, 03:10 PM
No no errors.. it just locked up at the Black screen with all the buttons on top. Ctrl-Alt-Del to the taskmanger and had to end task. I did run that rhdrible or whatever its called and it runs great and so does 3dmark03... I wonder if I need to do a fresh install of XP.

Greg

gthompson20
07-14-04, 11:42 PM
Weird, picked up the same card last night, completely uninstalled the Catalyst drivers. Installed the card along w/ the 62.01 drivers & all options are availible. Still using dx9b btw, nalu demo runs fine along w/ ut2k4. Didn't have a chance to test anything else. Card only running @ 400/1100 ATM.

Did you get any errors while attempting to run the demo? It should help direct you to the cause of the problem.

Well I have put a fork in it cause its done... I will either be returning it to COmpUSA or RMA it to PNY. I tried everything.. another machine fresh install etc. nothing worked. ALso I downloaded some Demos from Nvidia's Site and they lock up 1/2 a second in to it. I also installed Quake 3 and it locks up when trying to change the resolution to anything other than 640x480.... Weird how Direct3d stuff runs perfect... Oh well....

G