PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the supposed doom 3 benchmark weeks before release?

aAv7
07-14-04, 07:20 PM
I remember a few months back reading that i.d planned to release a benchmark of sorts, that would determine how well your rig would run doom 3, now that the game has officially gone gold, I wonder where this benchmark is at? Has anyone heard anything about it? Did they cancel the idea? Or is it still on it's way?

Vash
07-14-04, 07:26 PM
It'd be nice if it was still coming down the pipe, but it looks like id pushed it off to the side in order to finish the game.

aAv7
07-14-04, 07:43 PM
that sux...I mean..how much time does it take to make a 2 minute benchmark? :wtf: Oh well, at least the game is gold!

Vash
07-14-04, 07:47 PM
My guess is that everyone at id is at least on their way to being at least mildly drunk, which will be followed up by a lot of sleeping.

'Cept for the guys that have to deal with the distributors to oversee the manufacture of the game.

Hopefully we'll still see it, though we didn't see a Doom 3 public beta, either, which there was some talk about roughly a year ago, IIRC.

WeReWoLf
07-14-04, 09:47 PM
Sorta sounds like my breaking up party from my last job. Get majorly drunk and sleep for a long long long time.

saturnotaku
07-14-04, 10:25 PM
Sorta like when Bungie finished Halo for Xbox and then took an 18-month nap when setting it up for the PC conversion. :eek2:

gigapower
07-15-04, 11:04 AM
Todd mentioned that they are working on a hardware guide for the game and they hope to publish it tomorrow.

Riptide
07-15-04, 11:13 AM
Sorta like when Bungie finished Halo for Xbox and then took an 18-month nap when setting it up for the PC conversion. :eek2:
I think they must've been drinking heavily while doing the actual port. The party didn't stop when they finished the XBox version. ;) :p

evilchris
07-17-04, 01:42 AM
iD could easily bench the damn game for us lol now that RTM code is out. You know they included a bad ass benchmarking feature, they always do with their engines. timedemo 1 baby.