PDA

View Full Version : BFG 6800 Ultra Driver Question

HaVoK-G2
07-14-04, 06:34 PM
Hey Ive got a BFG 6800 Ultra OC, I was wondering if I installed the 61.72 WHQL drivers from Guru3d if it would set my cards clock back to a default ultra's 400mhz, instead of BFG's 425mhz . Or does that even have anything to do with the drivers? (Have the 61.21 drivers installed atm that were on the BFG disc, wasnt sure if they had any kind of manufacturer settings or something) :retard: (also how can I check the core clock of my card at the moment?)

Thanks

*edit* Crap I just realized there is a forceware driver section.. sorry if I disobeyed rules, please move this if it violates.

sonyman
07-14-04, 07:01 PM
Hey Ive got a BFG 6800 Ultra OC, I was wondering if I installed the 61.72 WHQL drivers from Guru3d if it would set my cards clock back to a default ultra's 400mhz, instead of BFG's 425mhz . Or does that even have anything to do with the drivers? (Have the 61.21 drivers installed atm that were on the BFG disc, wasnt sure if they had any kind of manufacturer settings or something) :retard: (also how can I check the core clock of my card at the moment?)

Thanks

*edit* Crap I just realized there is a forceware driver section.. sorry if I disobeyed rules, please move this if it violates.
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29541

Scott

gw186
07-14-04, 07:02 PM
Changeing drivers wont change your clock speeds, they use the same drivers for all the cards. Speeds are set in the cards bios

HaVoK-G2
07-14-04, 07:35 PM
Thanks Alot :)