PDA

View Full Version : PSU QUESTION for 6800!

MiuMan
07-15-04, 02:34 AM
I have a 420 watt PSU but the +12v has only a 13a on it.. will i have a problem with a GT card.. thanks

Galvin
07-15-04, 02:36 AM
Mine has around 13 as well and i'm using BFG 6800 GT OC, clocked at 390/1000
no problems. I'm usoing a zalman 400watt quiet psu.

MiuMan
07-15-04, 02:41 AM
Mine has around 13 as well and i'm using BFG 6800 GT OC, clocked at 390/1000
no problems. I'm usoing a zalman 400watt quiet psu.

thanks for the info.. okay question for ya.. you have the bfg 6800gt oc... now .. if you had the chance.. would you keep that card and the lifetime warranty, or would you get a evga one with only a 1 yr warranty.. have the step up program to get a updated card within 90 days and get farcry with it... i dont have that game which i want... all same price

Galvin
07-15-04, 02:50 AM
Nah i'll keep this card. I bought farcry at a local store. So i'm set.
This is a really impressive videocard. And I overnighted it on monday and got it tuesday. One thing I did do as a precation cause i'm little paranoid when it comes to $400 cards. Is I took the sticker off of the fan. When I heard stories of the sticker possibly coming off and jaming the fan leading to card dying. I figured why take the chance.

Other than that its working great. farcry is a great game. Now I have to preorder doom 3.

MiuMan
07-15-04, 02:54 AM
Nah i'll keep this card. I bought farcry at a local store. So i'm set.
This is a really impressive videocard. And I overnighted it on monday and got it tuesday. One thing I did do as a precation cause i'm little paranoid when it comes to $400 cards. Is I took the sticker off of the fan. When I heard stories of the sticker possibly coming off and jaming the fan leading to card dying. I figured why take the chance.

Other than that its working great. farcry is a great game. Now I have to preorder doom 3.

Hmmm,, well please look back at my last post.. since i dont have the game.. if you were me... would you go with evga and get the game for free.. or bfg with a slight bit overclock and lifetime warranty..

thanks

Galvin
07-15-04, 10:59 AM
No because thats what I would of done.
I already knew about BFG and the other with farcry included.
But the lifetime warrenty and all the talk of BFG GT OC. At 400 bucks and get near or ultra speeds was a good bargin. Not to mention life time warrenty.
So I went with BFG.