PDA

View Full Version : which online store ships to China?

07-15-04, 04:00 AM
Well, I have no experience of buying games online, and I don't know many such stores out there. DOOM3 is coming soon, considering the game's content, I would not be surprised if it was rated as contraband and disallowed to be sold in China mainland. Looks like my only hope is to buy a copy from online store and let them ship it to my address. Unfortunately, every such store I checked doesn't ship to China, do you guys know if there's any store can ship to China? I don't want to play pirate, but the attraction of DOOM3 is irresistible, so please help me. :(

MUYA
07-15-04, 04:03 AM
Yeah I would interested....wonder how much they charge for shipping and insurance?

But in HKG, i should be sorted at me local games shop. Probably 1-2 weeks later than US or Euro release.

07-15-04, 04:07 AM
I've bought some books from amazon, they only charge a couple of bucks for the delivering, dunno about game stores...

07-15-04, 04:10 AM
MUYA, can you send game from HKG to the mainland? If I'm out of luck, maybe you can buy a copy for me. :rolleyes:

SH64
07-15-04, 08:18 AM
Dont worry .. if you didnt get the game on time , you might catch the demo at least ! ;)

Underzenith
07-15-04, 09:13 AM
I'm sure one of the local street side vendor will have a copy somewhere. :naughty:

I heard Command and Conquer: Generals got banned too. Somehow I wasn't too surprised.

Nv40
07-15-04, 11:56 AM
I've bought some books from amazon, they only charge a couple of bucks for the delivering, dunno about game stores...

if you can buy from Amazon , you can buy doom3 there..
if i were you .. i will try to get it from Europe or maybe INDIA? online stores. Taiwan have many business with US.. you can also try there.email Activision for info about online game retailers more closer to you area . or someone that live in a country near you to buy it and send it to you.. :) in case of no sucess i will not mind getting it "illegaly" from P2p networks ,in case there is no way to buy it "legaly".

07-15-04, 12:38 PM
Amazon doesn't ship games to China, I've checked.

MUYA is willing to help, I'm relaxed. :angel2:

Nv40
07-15-04, 04:48 PM
Amazon doesn't ship games to China, I've checked.

MUYA is willing to help, I'm relaxed. :angel2:

a side note..
i think is amazing to see people from CHina in this Forums asking for Doom3 ,internet ROcks!!.. :D

if Idsoftware manage to sell just 1 copy of Doom3 for every ~million of chinesse in china ,(~1.3billions). it migh end selling more copies than the Xbox version ,(a complete sucess for any company in sales) :D . if the same rate its achieved in lest say europe and U.S together.. it will be completely the oposite . :)

nvnews-reader
07-15-04, 05:23 PM
a side note..
i think is amazing to see people from CHina in this Forums asking for Doom3 ,internet ROcks!!.. :D

if Idsoftware manage to sell just 1 copy of Doom3 for every ~million of chinesse in china ,(~1.3billions). it migh end selling more copies than the Xbox version ,(a complete sucess for any company in sales) :D . if the same rate its achieved in lest say europe and U.S together.. it will be completely the oposite . :)

heh in that case they might sell 1300 copies. :afro:

It's nice to see people who want legit copies. Too many people buy or DL cracked games and other software. There would be a lot more games and other software if people didn't steal.

07-15-04, 11:03 PM
a side note..

Yeah, there're millions of id/DOOM3 fans in here, it's just most of them don't want to pay or can't afford the price, sigh. 50 bucks will translate to 400RMB in China, it's just way more than the number which most of people can afford, if it was 100RMB, I think the number of people buying legal copy would grow 10 times larger, considering how influential John Carmack is. :D

Nv40
07-16-04, 02:31 AM
heh in that case they might sell 1300 copies. :afro:

It's nice to see people who want legit copies. Too many people buy or DL cracked games and other software. There would be a lot more games and other software if people didn't steal.

oh.. wow.. hehe.. dont know what i was thinking about my estimates :D how about 1 copy from every 10 thousand :)