PDA

View Full Version : Doom3's news made us completely forget FC patch 1.2 !!!

Pages : [1] 2

SH64
07-15-04, 09:49 AM
Anyone noticed this ??
all that fuss about patch 1.2 has gone & no one ever seems to care about it anymore!!

what happend ? why Crytek didnt release it yet ? please CryTek .. release it before D3 comes out or your patch will be doomed!! :ORDER:

Riptide
07-15-04, 10:01 AM
I don't think anyone forgot... Merely just pushed it to the back of our minds for a brief moment. :)

If it came out today, I'd be all over it like flies on a ribroast. :D

Vagrant Zero
07-15-04, 10:29 AM
Which is exactly why CryTech = Morons. We said this would happen, that they needed to push the patch out FAST...they got stomped by Doom3 NEWS...what happens when the actual game is released?

aAv7
07-15-04, 11:04 AM
yep...as I said on guru3d, in a month, no one will give a darn about farcry. They shot themselves in the foot holding back this patch and the sdk kit.

Intel17
07-15-04, 12:02 PM
Doom3>FarCry

In a few months FarCry will be old news.

ragejg
07-15-04, 12:09 PM
:firedevil

Bah, kids these days with their short attention spans!! :p

So what if it's "old news"?

i.e: was the GF3 vanilla never talked about once the ti200/ti500 came out?? NOOOO...

I don't see FC as being a very disposable game or topic of discussion. It's well coded, advanced, and does a good job of holding the gaming community's attention.

Arioch
07-15-04, 12:21 PM
I anticipate that Half Life 2 will be out within a few months of Doom 3 - that pushes Far Cry even further down the ladder!

doodlebob
07-15-04, 12:21 PM
Far Cry 1.2 Patch Update Thursday 07.15.2004

Once again, we want to let you know that Far Cry patch 1.2 is close to being released. We were about to release this week as planned, when a hardware manufacturer code update forced us to modify the patch accordingly. It took a couple of days to make it work without breaking anything else. We think it is worth the extra wait, as it's all about making sure everyone enjoys the best experience possible, both in terms of gameplay and performance.
Yesterday, a new solid patch candidate left for what we hope is the last series of tests.

We are all looking forward to releasing this very ambitious Far Cry upgrade, and we know we need to give it our best to make sure we live up to your expectations.

Thanks again for your patience

Matthieu Boulard
Far Cry Ubisoft producer

I didn't forget the Damn patch better come out !

|JuiceZ|
07-15-04, 12:22 PM
<whiney mode ENABLED>

Yea & no one will care about Doom III once Unreal III comes out in '06 either! :cry:

<whiney mode DISABLED>

:p

SH64
07-15-04, 12:27 PM
I didn't forget the Damn patch better come out !

glad to hear .
although i dont have a 6800 card or anything to care about patch 1.2 , i'd like to see the 6800 owners enjoy something worthy while waiting D3 to ship :)

Those lucky bastids!! :fu:

Arioch
07-15-04, 12:30 PM
I want my Team Fortress 2 dammit!!!

:argh:

|JuiceZ|
07-15-04, 12:33 PM

:argh:

That magically became HL2 a couple yrs back and is now therefore non-existent.

Arioch
07-15-04, 12:40 PM
That magically became HL2 a couple yrs back and is now therefore non-existent.

Are you sure? I thought I read that TF2 would still come out as a free addon like the original did for the first Half Life. Man I had some good times defending the flag room with my engineer or heavy weapons guy!

|JuiceZ|
07-15-04, 12:41 PM
Are you sure? I thought I read that TF2 would still come out as a free addon like the original did for the first Half Life. Man I had some good times defending the flag room with my engineer or heavy weapons guy!

If I recall, TF2 was going to be a completely seperate stand-alone game, what you're describing sounds like the addon for HL1 TFC. May wanna did into some old HL forums & find out...

Arioch
07-15-04, 12:48 PM
Well I knew that Team Fortress 2 was canned a long time ago. Oh well, I guess if it happens at some point then great, if not, there's always other online stuff out there.

anzak
07-15-04, 12:52 PM
Which is exactly why CryTech = Morons.

How are they morons? Crytek is nice enuff to patch the game for it's fan base, patches are not required and will not bring them any more money.

Doom3>FarCry

Thats just a matter of opinion. You can take your high poly dark hallways killing the same stupid monsters over and over again.

no one will give a darn about farcry

People who find it boring to run around killing the same monsters with no real story line or plot will still care about Far Cry.

Graphically the game has made huge leap since 1991 but the gameplay is lost in time.

SH64
07-15-04, 01:02 PM
Thats just a matter of opinion. You can take your high poly dark hallways killing the same stupid monsters over and over again.

People who find it boring to run around killing the same monsters with no real story line or plot will still care about Far Cry.

How do you know that Doom3's plot is just about killing the same monsters over & over again ??
how do you know they'r going to be stupid ??
how do you know its boring ??

did you even play the game !!
why dont just wait till the game arrive .. play it .. finish it .. then tell your opinions ??

anzak
07-15-04, 01:12 PM
How do you know that Doom3's plot is just about killing the same monsters over & over again ??
how do you know they'r going to be stupid ??
how do you know its boring ??

did you even play the game !!
why dont just wait till the game arrive .. play it .. finish it .. then tell your opinions ??

My Judgments are based on what I have read and the Alpha Leak. I understand the leak was of an early build of the game but you can still tell the direction that ID software is taking. What you said can be applied to everything I have quoted, the only difference is that you don't agree with what im saying. Everyone is saying that Doom 3 is soooo much better than Far Cry only because of it's looks which is the point im trying to make.

|JuiceZ|
07-15-04, 01:56 PM
...Everyone is saying that Doom 3 is soooo much better than Far Cry only because of it's looks

Yup, sadly I think it'll have short shelf life. I'm really looking fwd to the games developed using this engine as those developers will most likely focus most on gameplay.

anzak
07-15-04, 02:07 PM
Yup, sadly I think it'll have short shelf life. I'm really looking fwd to the games developed using this engine as those developers will most likely focus most on gameplay.

Agreed

Riptide
07-15-04, 02:20 PM
Like the storyline in FarCry is so much better. Not. :rolleyes:

FarCry had a marginal, at best, storyline/plot. IMO ofcourse.

thunderhippo
07-15-04, 02:22 PM

no doubt man

team fortress for q1 was what got me back into video games after a 4 year break during high school.. (i discovered girls... no need or time to play video games)

would be great if someone made it for hl2.. ( i have a fiance now and i dont care how big my belly gets now..)
i want my 2fort2!

SH64
07-15-04, 02:38 PM
Like the storyline in FarCry is so much better. Not. :rolleyes:

FarCry had a marginal, at best, storyline/plot. IMO ofcourse.

Exactly .. FC didnt bring anything new to its stroyline .. most people like it just for the graphics . even the voice acting was kinda cheap .

jbirney
07-15-04, 02:57 PM
How are they morons? Crytek is nice enuff to patch the game for it's fan base, patches are not required and will not bring them any more money.

Not corrrect. They did not add PS3.0 just for the heck of it. They added it because one IHV gave the a boat load of money :)

anzak
07-15-04, 03:02 PM
Not corrrect. They did not add PS3.0 just for the heck of it. They added it because one IHV gave the a boat load of money :)

Im not talking about SM3.0. Im talking about game patches, they are not required and people should not whine and complain about how the release date slipped.

Look im not going to continue to argue. I believe that I have gotten my point across, Everyone thinks Doom3 is so great because it has the best graphics and when someone (like me) comes along and disagrees they get flamed. :lame: