PDA

View Full Version : Farcry 1.2 News

Revgen
07-15-04, 12:21 PM
New Farcry 1.2 patch news at the farcry website.

Apparently they are testing some new "hardware manufacturer code update"
and they are asking us for our "patience" :lol2:

You can read more here http://www.farcry.ubi.com

Arioch
07-15-04, 12:23 PM
Is that BS speech for fixing the ATI problems?? They probably should get that thing out before the first week of August!

|JuiceZ|
07-15-04, 12:25 PM
Just got beat, someone already posted it here (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=370019#post370019).

Is that BS speech for fixing the ATI problems?? They probably should get that thing out before the first week of August!

It does sound like they're referring to the texture bug on ATi cards but if I recall correctly, that was discovered weeks ago so I'd suspected it would have been fixed by now but hey maybe we’re just speculating too much.

Arioch
07-15-04, 12:29 PM
Sorry if that came across as smug but the patch is starting to feel like an actual game release. I suppose we will see a gone gold statement at some point!

SH64
07-15-04, 12:36 PM
That leads me to wonder about the fate of patch 1.3 (with HDR & 3Dc features) ...

|JuiceZ|
07-15-04, 12:36 PM
Sorry if that came across as smug but the patch is starting to feel like an actual game release. I suppose we will see a gone gold statement at some point!

No believe me I understand your frustation, I'm right there with ya.

The truely sad thing will be is that when this patch we've been waiting for all summer finally drops, everyone will be so much in D3 mode to even care all that much.

That leads me to wonder about the fate of patch 1.3 (with HDR & 3Dc features) ...

tru dat.

Regardless, its good time to be a gamer! :rw: :cool2:

Arioch
07-15-04, 12:38 PM

Well that patch probably will involve a lot more work so it would not surprise me if we do not see it until late in the year. I am sure they will still do it as they want to showcase their work for potential engine licensing and to hype up the inevitable expansion pack or sequel.

aAv7
07-15-04, 10:55 PM
too bad they cant work on two patches at once....I guess thats asking too much out of them? :screwy:

Arioch
07-16-04, 12:17 AM
Well apparently someone claims to be beta testing the 1.3 patch but even if this is true with the 1.2 patch needing this long to be fixed one can wonder how long it will take to get the 1.3 in shape.

NAZCA M12
07-16-04, 01:20 PM

"When it's done" :D :lol2:

sgio2
07-16-04, 09:04 PM
Hello,

Am I the only one that thinks FarCry is going to be long forgotten after Aug 3???? FarCry is a great game but as soon as D3 is released I think it will be quickly forgotten.

Posts like --- Farcry 1.2 News

Will be replaced with...

OMG Doom III 1.5 News!!!!!!!

Also not to be forgotten...

id sucks!!!! Doom III runs like s*** on my computer!!!!

Dont get me wrong the new patches for FarCry will be cool to showcase new tech . and add fuel to the fire about who's card is better but thats about it. I would really like to hear some news about FarCry 2 now that would be interesting!

Cheers

Zachary

DMA
07-19-04, 04:11 PM
Say that last RC was done 7/14, then there's at least two weeks testing. Nah, this game is doomed now. (crazy)

NEXT!