PDA

View Full Version : 6800 Gaming Article

Clay
07-15-04, 12:43 PM
I'd like some feedback on Brian's 6800 Gaming Article (http://www.nvnews.net/articles/geforce_6800_gameplay/index.shtml). i.e. Do you like/dislike this kind of article? Why, why not? Comments welcomed. :)

Here's an image that he left out to get things started :D

http://www.nvnews.net/temp/fcsmiley.jpg

Arioch
07-15-04, 12:46 PM
Hmmm - I can't figure out what game that is...

:confused:

Clay
07-15-04, 12:48 PM
Hmmm - I can't figure out what game that is...

:confused:
Seriously or being sarcastic? :) Far Cry in case you're serious. He also covered UT2K4, Chrome and Morrowind in the article.

SH64
07-15-04, 12:54 PM
Nice article .. the only note about it is that FarCry & Chrome were tested in less than max settings .
i think everyone buy a 6800 is expecting to run all his games on max settings with variable screen res & AA/AF samples .

Arioch
07-15-04, 12:55 PM
Seriously or being sarcastic? :) Far Cry in case you're serious. He also covered UT2K4, Chrome and Morrowind in the article.

Sorry I was being a dork but that is a nice article though! I will try to be a better person from here on out - honest.

:angel:

Clay
07-15-04, 12:56 PM
Sorry I was being a dork but that is a nice article though! I will try to be a better person from here on out - honest.

:angel:
Pffft, no problem man, I was just trying to figure out if you were serious or not. :D

V. Slayer
07-15-04, 02:10 PM
Nice article .. the only note about it is that FarCry & Chrome were tested in less than max settings .
i think everyone buy a 6800 is expecting to run all his games on max settings with variable screen res & AA/AF samples .

This being a relatively limited non-ultra card with 128MB, playing Far Cry with all max settings was still a little too choppy, so I knocked the settings down to something a little more playable.

Also, with the Chrome demo, those were the max settings. I felt that 'Normal' for the Textures Quality was a term that was less than exciting, but 'Normal' is the highest Textures Quality setting on the demo that I installed.