PDA

View Full Version : I love Chumbo! :-D

Cyb3-RR
07-16-04, 03:01 PM
I ordered a BFG 6800 GT on wednesday and it shipped thursday. Since I had gotten the free 2-day shipping I figured it would be here on Monday. Well it turns out that they sent it overnight and I just got it today :jumping:

Now I can play with it over the weekend. Gotta love a company that does that. :nana:

wEEt
07-16-04, 03:08 PM
Congrats.

A little off-topic: Don't misunderstand me or something, I just gotta know something: Do you say black, afro-american or colored to a person with black skin?
It would be nice, if some1 helps me. Thanks :)

evilchris
07-16-04, 03:11 PM
Congrats.

A little off-topic: Don't misunderstand me or something, I just gotta know something: Do you say black, afro-american or colored to a person with black skin?
It would be nice, if some1 helps me. Thanks :)

wtf. A "little" ot? lol! Colored will piss them off. African-American is PC and sounds dumb. I vote black. They call my race whites, so black works.

wEEt
07-16-04, 03:13 PM
Yeah, sorry, but when I go visit NY in 2 weeks I should know that. And I don't want to get any trouble, so I decided to ask u guys. Thank you!

oh...Isn't there a difference between african-american and afro-american?

sclaws
07-16-04, 03:37 PM
oh...Isn't there a difference between african-american and afro-american?

Well, I've never been either but I don't think there's a difference.

evilchris
07-16-04, 03:39 PM
Yeah, sorry, but when I go visit NY in 2 weeks I should know that. And I don't want to get any trouble, so I decided to ask u guys. Thank you!

Oh.. you know you really don't need to mention anyones race at all. Just refer to them as people. =)

wEEt
07-16-04, 03:41 PM
I do, but u never know. Just wanted to be sure in a case of emergency ;)
And of course...I do refer to everyone as people. I'm not a nazi or a raciast or something...

evilchris
07-16-04, 03:43 PM
I do, but u never know. Just wanted to be sure in a case of emergency ;)
And of course...I do refer to everyone as people. I'm not a nazi or a raciast or something...

Didn't think you were! Hey I am of German descent too! My family has been in the USA since the 1800's but my last name is Schneider!

wEEt
07-16-04, 03:49 PM
Cool :) But I really noticed that many Americans still think that every German is a nazi and that really pisses me off. It's always so strange: I know many stupid Americans but I know really cool, intelligent and nice Americans. So I'mvery excited to visit NY and see Americans in action :)

One example when I met an American:

When I went to the "Europa Park" I met an American who wanted to buy ice cream but the women didn't understand him.
So I helped him. And suddenly he asked me:
"Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, where are we anyway? In Switzerland??!!" (American slang of course)
He was in Germany for 2 days and I didn't really could answer anything.

How the hell can one visit a country without knowing in which country you're currently? Oh man...

evilchris
07-16-04, 04:24 PM
Cool :) But I really noticed that many Americans still think that every German is a nazi and that really pisses me off. It's always so strange: I know many stupid Americans but I know really cool, intelligent and nice Americans. So I'mvery excited to visit NY and see Americans in action :)

One example when I met an American:

When I went to the "Europa Park" I met an American who wanted to buy ice cream but the women didn't understand him.
So I helped him. And suddenly he asked me:
"Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, where are we anyway? In Switzerland??!!" (American slang of course)
He was in Germany for 2 days and I didn't really could answer anything.

How the hell can one visit a country without knowing in which country you're currently? Oh man...

Just promise you won't make an opinion about Americans based on what you see in New York. That would be bad =) Each state is kind of like a European country as in the people differ from place to place.

killermmn
07-16-04, 04:27 PM
pos a pic when you got it!!! :ORDER:

DMA
07-16-04, 04:31 PM
A "little" ot?

:lol2:

Fatman
07-16-04, 04:55 PM
wEEt, there are plenty stupid people everywhere, not just USA. As for the ot question, blacks is fine. So is African-Ammerican btw.

I'm far more confused with Asians. Call a Korean or Chinese a Japanese or vice versa and they get upset. I'm not trying to be ignorant, but it does get complicated. I don't expect anyone to know that I'm in fact Ukrainian, and not Russian. In fact, for all intended purposes I am Caucasian.

CaiNaM
07-16-04, 08:15 PM
Oh.. you know you really don't need to mention anyones race at all. Just refer to them as people. =)

the problem is that many "black americans" take offense to that.. i mean.. it's not american history, rather "black american history", etc.

it's interesting that "black americans" make those distinctions more than we do... segragation these days seems to be perpetuated more by "black americans" than "white americans". how often do you hear a "white" person call themselves a "white american"? i mean, shouldn't it just be "americans", regardless of whether you're "black", "white", "yellow", or "red"? <scrathes head> in the grand scheme of things, we're all in the same "boat", so to speak.

but yea, we are a little off-topic, eh? ;)