PDA

View Full Version : color banding any one in a Gt?

Nv40
07-16-04, 10:36 PM
got my GT few days ago..
using Forceware62.71 WHQ..

in the game Lock-on i notice some banding of colors (not happened with my geforce4), the look is more or less similar to the quake3 quality of the sky when using compressed textures.. in nvidia Gas station demo is the same thing .

question is ,have anyone here noticed this before in the Gt ?

going to try other drivers and later a complete WindowsXp format ,when i have time :D but for know im interested to see if there is a quick fix for this or if anyone have noticed color banding in some games.. i hope i havent got a defective card . if you have heard someone posting similar issues share here what was thier solution..

bte.. im using only Directx9b ,anyone cant point me where to download the C version..

thanks

ChrisRay
07-16-04, 10:43 PM
I tried the Gas station demo on my 6800NU and never got any of those issues you are describing. Strange indeed.

OWA
07-16-04, 10:53 PM
DirectX 9.0c sticky from the graphics card forum:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31144

Edit: I don't have lock on but I haven't noticed any color banding in other games.

Nv40
07-17-04, 12:22 PM
ok.. it sems that the banding happens with the Fog..
LockOn and Garagestation Nv demo have fog effects.. blocky fog..
if anyone have heard of something similar let me know.. games like COD/Hl2 beta doesnt have the issue in the level i tested, /dont have time to do to much troubleshooting know , later i will reformat the Pc. and see if it does the trick.. if anyone have heard about slighty blocky fog let me know.