PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on ViewSonic P95f+

evilchris
07-17-04, 02:21 AM
Please, only post if you have or have had this monitor.

I just bought this to replace my blown up PS790. I think it is awesome in games, with that Ultrabrite feature, but cannot get text to look good, or the geometry quite right. I can't get lines to stay straight, and text looks blurry. I run 1280x1024x85. I cannot seem to get good text out of it, just great graphics while gaming. Any experiences? I have a 30 day return period.

Viral
07-17-04, 10:26 AM
I had one.. then i had to send it back for a replacement -_-;

They are taking their sweet arse time because first they just sent it back because they diddn't see the problem. For me the thing wont degause a magnetic field problem. It's not from an actual magnetic field the thing is just faulty (i moved it to many locations and the people where i bought it from set it up there)..

Anyway.. viewsonic customer service is quite bad. I'm still waiting....

It was a fairly good monitor, but i couldn't quite get the geometry to look right at 1280x1024 @ 85hz (or just about any res i tried ;\).. the thing either had a bend in the middle or a bend on the sides... couldn't get it anywhere near perfect. Anyway, i hope it was part of the problem and the replacement will not have this poor geometry.

I wasn't that happy with the damper wires.. i might be able to live with them, but at the time i had a wallpaper with much white and i could not look past them at all. For gaming i could most of the time.. but they still annoyed me at times. Though i really only played around 20mins gaming on the thing.

Anyway.. i'm not happy, but i can't do anything about it. Still, i'm not making a final judgement until i get the replacement.

I can't get lines to stay straight,

Damn.. that was my problem too.. i hope it's not a problem with all of them :( It was quite bad for me. When bringing down the favourites bar in FF the damn thing wasn't anywhere near straight, it was very curved to the right..

evilchris
07-17-04, 02:52 PM
I had one.. then i had to send it back for a replacement -_-;

They are taking their sweet arse time because first they just sent it back because they diddn't see the problem. For me the thing wont degause a magnetic field problem. It's not from an actual magnetic field the thing is just faulty (i moved it to many locations and the people where i bought it from set it up there)..

Anyway.. viewsonic customer service is quite bad. I'm still waiting....

It was a fairly good monitor, but i couldn't quite get the geometry to look right at 1280x1024 @ 85hz (or just about any res i tried ;\).. the thing either had a bend in the middle or a bend on the sides... couldn't get it anywhere near perfect. Anyway, i hope it was part of the problem and the replacement will not have this poor geometry.

I wasn't that happy with the damper wires.. i might be able to live with them, but at the time i had a wallpaper with much white and i could not look past them at all. For gaming i could most of the time.. but they still annoyed me at times. Though i really only played around 20mins gaming on the thing.

Anyway.. i'm not happy, but i can't do anything about it. Still, i'm not making a final judgement until i get the replacement.

Damn.. that was my problem too.. i hope it's not a problem with all of them :( It was quite bad for me. When bringing down the favourites bar in FF the damn thing wasn't anywhere near straight, it was very curved to the right..

Blah, that's what I can't fix, the curving to the right. It's driving me nuts.

evilchris
07-17-04, 09:24 PM
Great, so I went back and exchanged mine for another, to see if I could get one with better geometry. This one has your magnetic problem! Black shadows that cannot be gotten rid of in the top right, four of them! Impressed with ViewSonic's quality!

saturnotaku
07-17-04, 09:27 PM
I personally would buy an Iiyama, Sony or NEC/Mitsubishi before I'd take a Viewsonic. I hope you're able to get a refund. :(

evilchris
07-17-04, 09:51 PM
I am going to go refund it, and buy the NEC FE2111SB. Hopefully I'll like that :(

evilchris
07-17-04, 11:46 PM
Blah, no NEC's in stock. Now my gaming PC is down, and I'm stuck using my leet PIII 1GHz and 15" monitor. I will never, ever look at a ViewSonic again.

Viral
07-18-04, 05:14 AM
Wish i could do the same :( But it's too late.. i need to take the replacement.

I would almost rather just keep my 17" LG.. it's not as big and not quite as sharp or as good performing, but at least it can produce proper geometry.

evilchris
07-18-04, 05:16 AM
Just keep on them dude. Don't accept it if it's faulty. I'm sure you'll get a decent one eventually, if not this time. It seems like it could be a great monitor without the freaking annoyances we've had. I loved it in games.