PDA

View Full Version : eVGA 6800 problems...

Silverfire82
07-17-04, 01:12 PM
This is my first post, and I only registered to get this problem fixed, and I also think that it's this problem that I'm not getting quite the speed in games I would like.

I'm getting a problem in the video card settings under: Display > Settings > Advanced > GeForece 6800 GT tab.

Under the specs (i.e. Bus, Memory, Processor speed, et cetra), the bus says "PCI x0," even though I KNOW it's AGP x8. It can't be the motherboard because... well, it's in an AGP slot. And it can't be the video card because my previous card, the GeForce FX 5600 Ultra, did the same exact thing. Could it be Windows or the Nvidia drivers? I've reinstalled Windows, and that didn't work. Help, please?

Here are my system specs:

AMD 2600+ Athlon XP
Gigabyte K7 Triton
1 gig PC3200 (DDR 400, un-named brand)
Western Digital 160 HD
Maxtor Diamon 120 HD
Sound Blaster Live!
Memorex CD/DVD burner

UDawg
07-17-04, 01:27 PM
You do know that "most" video card companies have tech numbers don't you?

In all seriousness welcome and I hope you stay and have fun here. :)

ssj4goku887
07-17-04, 01:38 PM
make sure you have all your chipset drivers and such installed.

Silverfire82
07-17-04, 01:44 PM
Well, there isn't any drivers to install with the motherboard, just utilities, and I've also updated the bios quite a while ago. And the only thing that I CAN'T install drivers on is the sound card, but that hasn't even caused a problem to anything, either. Unless maybe the utilities for the motherboard may fix it?

ssj4goku887
07-17-04, 01:57 PM
theres always drivers to install with the mobo :)

sonyman
07-17-04, 02:08 PM
theres always drivers to install with the mobo :)
Seconded. You NEED to install your chipset drivers!

Scott

stncttr908
07-17-04, 03:44 PM
Well, there isn't any drivers to install with the motherboard, just utilities, and I've also updated the bios quite a while ago. And the only thing that I CAN'T install drivers on is the sound card, but that hasn't even caused a problem to anything, either. Unless maybe the utilities for the motherboard may fix it?
What are you talking about? You ave an nforce2 motherboard, get the nforce motherboard drivers from nvidia.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp_4.24

Pantherman
07-17-04, 04:23 PM
I noticed that problem on my system with the 61.71 drivers. When I went to 61.72, it correctly said AGP 4X.