PDA

View Full Version : PNY 6800 GT does not have a driver/demo CD!?!?

Pantherman
07-17-04, 04:43 PM
I just got my PNY 6800 GT from CompUSA the other day, and it did not come with a driver/demo CD. It clearly states on the box that the CD is included, but it obviously isn't - at least not for me. Did anyone with a PNY 6800 get a disk?

saturnotaku
07-17-04, 05:02 PM
My BFG came with one. You might not be able to exchange it either. This is exactly why when you purchase an expensive piece of hardware from a retail store you should open the box before you walk out the door. I'm sorry to hear about that and I hope you're able to get it resolved. :(

Pantherman
07-17-04, 05:12 PM
There is that slip of paper that was included in the box which says to download the 61.72 drivers from 61.72, so that's what I did. Maybe the demos weren't ready yet, but PNY wanted to ship the cards and used the paper as a way of telling its customers where to get the drivers.

sonyman
07-17-04, 05:24 PM
Nothing is missing from your box, as in stolen. PNY hasn't been including CDs as they didn't have them ready in time for shipment.

Scott

Severian126
07-17-04, 05:24 PM
I ordered a PNY 6800 Ultra and got a CD with it. Not sure about the GT, but it should be the same.

You are not missing out on much though. The driver is dated (61.34 - and it doesn't work with my system...crashes all the time), and you can get better ones. Also, the demos can be downloaded elsewhere; there is a thread w/ links on this site.

kahloq
07-17-04, 05:25 PM
Thats pretty poor customer service from PNY NOT to include a driver disc and leave a piece of paper telling you to download drivers from somewhere. What happens to someone that buys one and may not have internet access?

coldpower27
07-17-04, 05:57 PM
I guess that you buying a 400US-500US video card from them, it maybe a little to much for them to assume you got internet access? I know it's not good to assume, but gives them the added advanatge of providing a driver that is more up to date, and I don't blame em since there isn't a "officially released driver" for NV40 anyway :angel2: