PDA

View Full Version : EVGA 6800 Ultra EE Ebay listed

wheeljack12
07-17-04, 06:02 PM
Take a look at this, someone is selling off their evga 6800 ullra EE on ebay. Do they know how hard that card is to get. Anyhow, here is the listing.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=40161&item=5109843011&rd=1

Ice Nine
07-17-04, 06:10 PM
All his other auctions are for small purchases. Most within the span of a few days. Total for all auctions is like $20, a small price to pay to have some positive feedback and get someone to believe you'll deliver a video card.

It *COULD* be a scam. There's no way to know for sure, but I have a strong feeling it is. Ask him for an actual photo of the card. I'll betcha he says he doesn't have a digital camera, blah blah blah. He's also going to allow a local pickup, but only AFTER you've sent him the money (i'd put a few bucks on this as a pretty safe bet. His "personal guarantee" means nothing :)

sonyman
07-17-04, 06:23 PM
ROFL look at the guy's name! He can't spell worth a damn! "espeicallyforyou"

Scott

Waffles
07-17-04, 06:29 PM
just ask him for the serial number on the card. you can see it on the back of the box. I can check with Joe Darwin @ eVGA for authenticity.

Ruined
07-17-04, 06:31 PM
Later on in the auction he added the information:
"An ULTRA not a GT"
And linked to a regular 6800 Ultra from ZipZoomFly.

Johnmcl7
07-17-04, 08:19 PM
No way would I buy a very high valued video card from someone who hasn't even sold anything on ebay before (all his feedback is from sellers) - only way I would even think of buying from an auction like this would be if the selller has been registered with ebay for reasonable length of time and had been selling many other high value computer parts.

I'm going to keep an eye on the feedback and see what happens.

John

zombie10k
07-18-04, 12:12 AM
All his other auctions are for small purchases. Most within the span of a few days. Total for all auctions is like $20, a small price to pay to have some positive feedback and get someone to believe you'll deliver a video card.

It *COULD* be a scam. There's no way to know for sure, but I have a strong feeling it is. Ask him for an actual photo of the card. I'll betcha he says he doesn't have a digital camera, blah blah blah. He's also going to allow a local pickup, but only AFTER you've sent him the money (i'd put a few bucks on this as a pretty safe bet. His "personal guarantee" means nothing :)

you nailed it. People do this all the time, buy $2-$10 items to look like they have a good beginning rep on fleabay, someone sees 100% feedback and wouldn't think twice to buy it from them without checking their purchases. My friend got ripped on a $1400 laptop this way.

avoid.

Carbon Unit
07-18-04, 01:26 AM
Why spend all the extra money to buy a Ultra that is basically a overclocked GT? save soem cash, get a GT and overclock it yourself

Waffles
07-18-04, 01:59 AM
this one is supposed to be the Ultra Extreme Edition. It is an overclocked Ultra (450mhz), plus a pretty nice bundle from eVGA. Only 35 of those cards out there. It is real easy to find out if it is a scam or not. Just get the S/N. We can verify it through eVGA to make sure he really is one of the elite 35 :)

But I doubt anyone here is going to pay the (at last look) $660 he so far has a bid for :) We're smarter than that right? heh

Arioch
07-18-04, 04:16 AM
Why spend all the extra money to buy a Ultra that is basically a overclocked GT? save soem cash, get a GT and overclock it yourself

Not everyone is able to get stable Ultra settings on their GTs as I have seen posted by some people on the internet. Besides, who said you had to run the Ultra at stock anyway.

I am kind of like having a guaranteed overclock which is why the BFG and Gainward versions interest me.

Templar
07-18-04, 05:05 AM
The regular Ultra is @ 425Mhz.
My Point Of View ships @ 425MHz and they don't even try to promote themselves as OCed cards.
Where'd every one get the idea that 425 is OCed. The now shipping Ultras are all 425MHz

Simon

evilchris
07-18-04, 05:19 AM
The regular Ultra is @ 425Mhz.
My Point Of View ships @ 425MHz and they don't even try to promote themselves as OCed cards.
Where'd every one get the idea that 425 is OCed. The now shipping Ultras are all 425MHz

Simon

It's OC'd. NVIDIA's sku for Ultra is 400/1100. Anything beyond that is OC'd :)

raf
07-18-04, 06:13 AM
Not all ultras are shipping at 425, I've seen people on various forums with ultras that arrived at 400/1100.

Nandro
07-18-04, 07:34 AM
The PNY's are shipping at 400/1100. I got 461 core on mine.

Pantherman
07-18-04, 03:52 PM
NO WAY is this auction for real. I can't believe that so many people have a bid on this 6800 Ultra. The people who have the card are mostly reviewers. I can take some pictures off the eVGA website and paste them to some information about it and sell a fake card!!!!

Jedi Rainman
07-18-04, 05:57 PM

Good point. I kind of wish I would have waited, but I have no regrets. The Ultra does have faster memory and can be OC'd alot more than the GT. I'd be happy with either card.