PDA

View Full Version : 6800 GT OC dont think its running right!

MiuMan
07-17-04, 09:13 PM
on windows.. everything seems to be slower. long time to get to explorer etc.. just things take long for some reason.. not sure why .. ever since i put that card in.

the temp seems to be always around 64c in the core and the ambient is 40c. thats just being online. is that to hot? please someone help.

GravY
07-17-04, 09:58 PM
that is the symptoms my card gave me before it went belly up..

is it pausing for a good 10sec then going fine for a few then pausing again..??

and 64 seems high for idle..

MiuMan
07-17-04, 10:07 PM
that is the symptoms my card gave me before it went belly up..

is it pausing for a good 10sec then going fine for a few then pausing again..??

and 64 seems high for idle..

Nah nothing to that extent.. just taking longer... i dont know.. it seems weird. and how do i get the temp down lower? I have 5 case fans blowing in and out of the case.. im at a loss.. this sucks lol

GravY
07-17-04, 10:10 PM
did you do a fresh install? if you can you might want to do that and see if anythign changes..

your ambient is on the high side.. my case temp is 23c..

how do you have your fans set up?

MiuMan
07-17-04, 10:16 PM
did you do a fresh install? if you can you might want to do that and see if anythign changes..

your ambient is on the high side.. my case temp is 23c..

how do you have your fans set up?

i think my case temp is only 25c i have one in the front.. one on the side, one on top and 2 in the back...

MiuMan
07-17-04, 10:27 PM
I just called BFG and they said for the overclocked card that i have idle 67c is fine.. if it gets up to 90 call for help lol....

Ruined
07-17-04, 10:34 PM
I had weird problems like this (not pausing for 10 seconds, but just a little sluggish feeling in 2d) with the 61.21 drivers (had stuttering in 3d also), but I went into safe mode, uninstalled them & ran driver cleaner3, and put in the 61.36 and things worked great... 61.72 also has worked fine.

If you had an ATI card beforehand and you've already run Driver Cleaner you might want to try a format and windows reinstall, because often even Driver Cleaner can't remove all the ati crap off the computer :kill:

btw, my card is 58C idle, 78C rthdribl load.

Ludic
07-17-04, 11:12 PM
Did you check to make sure all the heatsinks / etc were secure against the card and that they were not loose?