PDA

View Full Version : 6800gt temperature???

dewsky
07-17-04, 11:25 PM
I just got my bfg 6800 gt over clocks well to 418/1.09 but I am really concerned about max load temps are around 90c and when overclocked can reach as high as 93c
will this hurt my card?( i dont get any artifacts at this temp and nothing seems to have gone wrong at that temp i have even run 3dmark03 a couple of times.)
Does anyone know the max temp for my card the cpu throttle is set at 120c
Plz some help

noko
07-18-04, 02:24 AM
Sounds like you are running warm but as you said 120c is where it throttles, you are far from that. These new GPU's do run warmer and operate just fine. Now if you cooled that sucker a little your OC may indeed get better ;).

oozish
07-18-04, 08:45 AM
Sounds like you are running warm but as you said 120c is where it throttles, you are far from that. These new GPU's do run warmer and operate just fine. Now if you cooled that sucker a little your OC may indeed get better ;).

Man, please do some searching about this before you post. I made a few topics at HardOCP plus there are at least 2 threads here about this topic already.

DRen72
07-18-04, 11:49 AM
RivaTuner RC15...

Why doesn't anyone use its built in temperature monitor to chart temps while playing games instead of using RTHDRIBL?

I've tried both and when I use RivaTuner while playing games such as FarCry or Thief: DS, I can quit the game and then look at RivaTuners graph to see what the temps where while playing. They are notably higher than when I use RTHDRIBL. With RTHDRIBL, they never go over about 78 degrees, but with RivaTuner, I see 86 degrees sometimes.

aAv7
07-18-04, 02:13 PM
i've learned to just ignore the temps and enjoy my card. :) As long as you dont see artifacts and dont get screen freezes, your fine. Wait til doom 3 comes out, the game will stress every card and prolly push it to 100C easy.