PDA

View Full Version : Better release new drivers next week that work.

Unidus82
07-18-04, 05:22 AM
I really hope they release new official non buggy drivers next week. So far i havent found a beta one that works with a 6800gt and cant use the 56.72 ones. I get the BSoD every so often when playing games or just doing certain things in windows. Finally figured out how to read my BSoD from reading a forum earlier so i finally got to see what was causing the BSoD reboots. Error 0x0000008E and further down it says nv4_disp.dll which im sure is my driver file.

Ive done fresh installs of my windows and driver/dx and so on and it works fine for a day or so then this problem starts. I guess the betas ive tried 61.72/61.78 arent compatable. Hopefully next week i can play BFV and other games without random BSoDs.

Demigod
07-18-04, 05:35 AM
Your card isnt sharing an irq is it?

Unidus82
07-18-04, 05:56 AM
Call me a noob but i forget how to check that. :P Didnt do it on my old card and only things ive added to comp is the GT and a mem chip.

Goran
07-18-04, 06:31 AM

Well, if he shares IRQ then he do that on both drivers. That means something still is broken in the new drivers. I think new code in the 60.xx brakes something on his setup.

This could be a compability issue between the motherboard drivers and display drivers.

/S

retsam
07-18-04, 06:50 AM
i have used all sorts of drivers without getting the problems you are experiencing .... i could be that the video card bios is corrupt or you have bad memory some were ..... the latest drivers 62.11 are rock solid for me .... so it sounds like there is another issue here .... i would write down the bsod and call the card company

retsam
:spam2:

Unidus82
07-18-04, 07:12 AM
I doubt its the card since it does it on my old card which worked fine with the drivers on nvidia site but does it when i have 61s installed. Thought it was memory but i returned the chip and got another one and i doubt i would get 2 bad ones. Im using Nforce 2 chipset with up to date drivers from nvidia. Could be a conflict with the old nforce drivers and the new 61.XX drivers since i think the Nforce driver might be coded for 56.72 and below.

And by reading this board over the last few weeks it seems others are having issues with the newer drivers just differs by systems i guess. Some get crappy FPS some get crappy artifacts/textures and Im getting random crashes.

System is a XP2500+
FIC AU13Cham-pro
350wattPS
BFG 6800GT
1Gig mem PC 2700
WD 80gig 7200rpm 8MB

-=DVS=-
07-18-04, 01:42 PM
Did you try 61.71 ? , maybe people haveing some incompatibility problems or power shortage or whatever , many people don't have any problems though just like me !

npras42
07-18-04, 02:20 PM
Have you tried a clean format. I know its drastic, but very often this fixes may problems (and sometimes lands you with some different ones!)

WarheadMM
07-18-04, 02:29 PM
i HIGHLY doubt that in todays computers. My video card is sharing IRQ 9 (which is IRQ 2) with my HDD, Lan, sound card, ect. Todays PC's move the IRQ's to what is being used

mobilenvidia
07-18-04, 02:39 PM
Modern PC's have a thing called IRQ sharing, where more than one device can share the same IRQ (obvious).
But when too many devices are on the same IRQ, then it can still cause problems.
ie when I change resolution or even enter display properties with Coolbits on (overclocking page enabled, which causes screen to flicker) my modem will will loose connection.
Both devices and a heap of others are on IRQ10, so there will sometimes be problems no matter what you do.
I assume the BIOS looses track of who started the IRQ request, I have learned to live with this.
One important thing is get the latest Chipset drivers, and anything else that you have attached, as this can help solve the problem or at least keep it under control.

All this is to blame on the original 16IRQ's the 8088/8086 started with.
Plus a whole heap of other limitations we are still with.

Hope this helps,

Pieter.

Unidus82
07-18-04, 06:03 PM
I checked the IRQs in device manager and vid card is on its own and so are all the other devices that listed and IRQ. Im using the newest nforce drivers and directx 9.0b. Only thing i havent tried is a recent bios update on my MB website but i couldnt get it to work since the flashing utility in the archive isnt an exe. http://www.fic.com.tw/support/motherboard/bios.aspx?model_id=118 the TFD41 is the one. Not sure if i can use an older flashing utility exe or not.

SLippe
07-18-04, 09:17 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you should try DX9.0c with the 6x.xx drivers, not DX9.0b, that could be part of it.

Unidus82
07-18-04, 10:51 PM
Well seems to be bad memory again. Tried to install UT2004 and it said could not read. Took the 512 chip out and it installed fine. I thought it was the drivers from that BSoD msg i got. I ran memtest and get errors with my 512 corsair chip in the comp. It did the same thing with a 512 kingston i just returned and got the corsair for. I must have bad luck with memory from frys.

I dont think directx or the drivers would cause the memtest to get errors.
Gonna try to get another chip from frys tommorow and hopefully it isnt a ****ed up chip like the last 2. Been getting the 512 valueram series of corsair/kingston thinking those are prolly po****s.

Ruined
07-18-04, 11:02 PM
Well seems to be bad memory again. Tried to install UT2004 and it said could not read. Took the 512 chip out and it installed fine. I thought it was the drivers from that BSoD msg i got. I ran memtest and get errors with my 512 corsair chip in the comp. It did the same thing with a 512 kingston i just returned and got the corsair for. I must have bad luck with memory from frys.

I dont think directx or the drivers would cause the memtest to get errors.
Gonna try to get another chip from frys tommorow and hopefully it isnt a ****ed up chip like the last 2. Been getting the 512 valueram series of corsair/kingston thinking those are prolly po****s.

Any possibility your motherboard's memory slots are messed up?

retsam
07-18-04, 11:50 PM
Your card isnt sharing an irq is it? doubtful ... any system based on NT multiplexes irq's

Unidus82
07-19-04, 12:01 AM
Well the other 2 chips i have in the comp work fine in any slot so i doubt slots are messed up. Just put the old 128 chip i used to have in there and its working just fine. Mem test isnt showing any errors i guess ive been getting crappy chips.