PDA

View Full Version : Just installed my 6800, confused about drivers

Syan
07-18-04, 06:57 PM
I just installed my new BFG Nvidia 6800 GT, however I'm confused about the drivers. Instead of installing from the CD I went to Nvidia's site and downloaded the latest Det drivers. After installing these drivers, the card was still not installed. So I used the driver CD and that did everything, which leaves me confused - Are there different drivers for the 6800 series and the rest of the GeForce line?

I already downloaded the Det drivers and they are on my HD, should I just delete those files?

Dr_s99
07-18-04, 07:01 PM
well, kind of...
since 6800 series isn't really in market...
that is why the drivers that is on nvidia download page... is supporting up to 9550
and then the 61.xx or other drivers higher the the one on nvidia page are supporting 6800...

saturnotaku
07-18-04, 07:09 PM
I just installed my new BFG Nvidia 6800 GT, however I'm confused about the drivers. Instead of installing from the CD I went to Nvidia's site and downloaded the latest Det drivers. After installing these drivers, the card was still not installed. So I used the driver CD and that did everything, which leaves me confused - Are there different drivers for the 6800 series and the rest of the GeForce line?

I already downloaded the Det drivers and they are on my HD, should I just delete those files?

Even though people can buy 6800 (GTs at least) cards, NVIDIA still has not updated its site with proper reference drivers. That situation is supposed to change this week, but if your games are running fine now, don't worry about updating.