PDA

View Full Version : ESPN bans Hitman 2 commercials permenantlly.

LORD-eX-Bu
10-24-02, 11:08 PM
Stupid ESPN, I guess I won't watch them then. LINK (http://www.pcgameworld.com/story.php/id/725)

Stupid idiots, its a freakin' video game. Get over it. Came out after sniper attacks started.:mad:

thcdru2k
10-24-02, 11:08 PM
gonna watch fox sports instead?

LORD-eX-Bu
10-24-02, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by thcdru2k
gonna watch fox sports instead?

Yes, FOX owns. LOL. I am sick of these idiots banning stuff based solely on heresay. Screw them, I have a bunch of sports channels anyways, Fox sports is better anyways.:D

fishlung
10-25-02, 03:41 AM
The NHL also decided to change the name of certain style baseball hats called "sniper" hats (because, you know, in hockey lingo prolific goal scorers are sometimes referred to as 'snipers'). Stupid sniper. Thanks for helping everyone to be oversensitive and offended. ;) Why doesn't anyone get offended by other terms like players 'taking a shot' or 'he shoots' or 'he's a great shooter' or a quarter back being in the 'shotgun' position... I guess it's only a matter of time. ;) Honestly, I can understand the hat name change, but I'm afraid that one day we'll have to just stop communicating because there'll be no way to avoid offense ;)

I'm curious if, in other countries, there are any breakouts of 'political correctness' or efforts to avoid offending people. Sometimes it seems that this stuff only occurs in the U.S.

vampireuk
10-25-02, 05:41 AM
It happens pretty much everywhere and I am sick to death of it:mad:

PsychoSy
10-25-02, 01:32 PM
Since when is it ESPN or Eidos Interactive's job to be the nation's "sensitivity training" teachers?!? :confused:

McBane
10-25-02, 04:09 PM
hmm.....i thought it was over the Sikhs (sp?).....thems got pissed off that they seem to be the source of all evil in the game...

vampireuk
10-25-02, 05:25 PM
Remember when the evil guy always had a wax moustache and a British accent. We never complained back then about it its nothing personal, why must people get so offended over something.

Unfortunatly because of political correctness you will never see TV shows like monty python or black adder again either:(

The Baron
10-25-02, 05:30 PM
ESPN's still the best cause they've got the funniest commercials. :p