PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Ho delayed

sbp
10-24-02, 10:52 PM
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines1226.html

Eidos Plc has confirmed Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Angel Of Darkness will not meet its high-profile November 15 commercial debut on the Sony Playstation II games console and PC CDROM. The London-based publisher has stated the sixth Tomb Raider video-game will be released in February 2003 allowing developers Core Design more time to complete the game.

Darn, there goes Xmas. http://home.earthlink.net/~sbp777/smilies/basanta.gif

nin_fragile14
10-25-02, 12:08 AM
Hahahah Tomb Ho. :p

Those games haven't been good since the first one, five years ago.

Matthyahuw
10-25-02, 01:37 AM
#2 was real good as well, if not better, after that, well, you can't keep any good idea coming forever...

Kruno
10-25-02, 01:40 AM
Sex appeal will never run out for guys so I can say you are wrong :p ;) :D

Originally posted by Matthyahuw
#2 was real good as well, if not better, after that, well, you can't keep any good idea coming forever...

Smokey
10-25-02, 06:34 AM

It was, I still have it :p I find it funny really that there are a few big titles that have now been delayed until Febuary 2003, at least 3 or 4. whats so special about Febuary :confused:

Matthyahuw
10-25-02, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Smokey
It was, I still have it :p I find it funny really that there are a few big titles that have now been delayed until Febuary 2003, at least 3 or 4. whats so special about Febuary :confused: HAHA, when I first read this, I read it as "big titties" (being on the Lara subject and all), damn, I live in the gutter...

But ANYWAYS, Feb seems to be if you miss Christmas, you need a couple extra mos to finish, plus, you don't want to come out in Jan when ppl are tired of spending money on Christmas...

PsychoSy
10-25-02, 01:31 PM
January is the unofficial Detox Month for all the New Years partiers. We pickle our brains out and it takes about of months worth of oxygen to reverse the effects of that one single day. Especially me because 2 weeks after Jan 1 is by burfday! :D :p

saturnotaku
10-25-02, 02:02 PM
HAHA, when I first read this, I read it as "big titties" (being on the Lara subject and all), damn, I live in the gutter...

HAHAHAHA!!!

[Sean Connery voice] I'll take Famous Titties for $200 [/Sean Connery voice]

:D

zoolap
10-28-02, 04:03 AM
The Tombraider games are vastly overrated. Initially Lara Croft may have had a wow factor, but there are ladies in other games that look far better, e.g. soul caliber games, dead or alive etc. Gameplay over all else. I wouldn't care even if a robot played lara's part as without interesting gameplay (and the original was good for its time) i couldn't care less.

sytaylor
10-28-02, 12:09 PM
i enjoyed the saturn origional (yes it was a saturn game to start...), in its day a groundbreaking and FUN game... but by the time the sequel hit the playstation i'd played it enough for 10 lifetimes, and its clones got better

Cereal-Killer
10-28-02, 12:11 PM
I played part 1 and 2 and thought they were great. I didn't care for the other sequels though. The sex appeal just doesn't make up for levels made out of cubes. Pushing cubes and jumping from cube to cube gets old real fast.

sbp
01-26-03, 03:53 AM
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2909383,00.html

Eidos announces that the next game in its Tomb Raider series has been delayed until April.

Eidos Interactive has announced via a trading and release schedule update that Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness, which was originally scheduled for release in time for Christmas last year and subsequently delayed until early 2003, will now ship sometime in April. Following a tepid response to the game at last year's E3 and ECTS events, Eidos claims that significant progress has been made by Core Design in the final stages of development, but that the game will definitely benefit from the continued gameplay enhancement time that this latest delay affords the development team.

Mike McGarvey, CEO of Eidos, also stated that he expects the game to benefit substantially from the marketing of the new Lara Croft movie, The Cradle of Life: Tomb Raider 2, which is scheduled for release this summer.

-------------
So after the tepid response this game got, there was "significant progress" but now its time for "further game play enhancement". Yeah thats sound good.

This game is make or break time for this franchise. If its not a hit that revitalizes, then the series future is not bright. Cruising along on T&A only goes so far. MOTS with incremental increases in graphics quality with little freshness in gameplay and everything else won't cut it anymore. As we've seen in the past, better graphics does not make for a better game. People will go ahead and spend their money on other games.

AngelGraves13
02-03-03, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by K.I.L.E.R
Sex appeal will never run out for guys so I can say you are wrong :p ;) :D

Sex appeal?? It's a 3D model!! I'd rather see a real woman.

Kruno
02-03-03, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by 99 to Life
Sex appeal?? It's a 3D model!! I'd rather see a real woman.

What I whack over is different from what you whack over. ;)

MrNasty
02-04-03, 12:43 AM
I like tombraider.