PDA

View Full Version : Forceware 61.20 WinXP64

garikfox
07-19-04, 06:52 PM
:)

Hereticiv
07-19-04, 10:15 PM
Umm, I've got a 6800U but why do I need drivers that "only accept 6800s". Can anyone clue me in on the benefit or why anyone would mod drivers to limit their compatibility? Im just confused as to what I would get out of these if I installed them.

smok3dog
07-19-04, 10:47 PM
Umm, I've got a 6800U but why do I need drivers that "only accept 6800s". Can anyone clue me in on the benefit or why anyone would mod drivers to limit their compatibility? Im just confused as to what I would get out of these if I installed them.

Umm what do you want know for?

garikfox I appreciate the effort you put in trying to fix this driver. Nvidia too slow in releasing drivers.

I wonder Why doom 3 is not going to utilize Amd 64-bit code. I have read an article that says doom 3 will not support windows xp 64-bit. I think that is just plain stupid because I am sure an AMD X86/64-bit chip is recommended for Doom 3 so why not go the distance and add the 64-bit extensions. The extra physical memmory address extensions that Windows 64-bit would offer would probably take the stress of the video card or would it not.