PDA

View Full Version : Tired of biased Nvidia reviews - To Ricko from Staff :And we're tired of flamebait

Ricko
07-19-04, 08:58 PM
I recently read the review of the 6800Gt by Matt Burris. He used an ATI 9800 pro as a comparitive card. I was shocked that they are coming out with a review that is as flawed and obviously biased as this. Nothing wrong with the 6800 GT however, why use the 9800 pro as a competitor to this NEW card? The answer is really quite obvious: Had they really wanted "apples for apples: they would have pitted the 6800GT against the X 800...they are both scaled down versions of their older brothers. Why didn't they....the answer is found everywhere on the internet....the x800 totally smokes the new stuff from nvidia! We won't even talk about the X800XT....that would be TOO embarassing. Why can't these guys just admit that there is a smoking product and quit all this brand loyalty stuff.....the truth is out there....see for yourselves...I dare you!

ragejg
07-19-04, 09:00 PM
Sometimes the reviewer doesn't have that other needed card.

Sometimes a review is done from the standpoint of "what kind of upgrade would it be going from X to Y?"

Sometimes a review is not about embarassing another product.

Sometimes review readers read too far into reviews to find the bias.

b|indeyes
07-19-04, 09:01 PM
you may have a point of some of the statements you make but the key word is MAY

the fact is that you are obvisouly bias and in posting your first post trying to get nv users to say that their cards are inferior is just ridiculous

anyone with any common sense can tell the only reason you signed up is to post something like this

:lame:

saturnotaku
07-19-04, 09:01 PM
I recently read the review of the 6800Gt by Matt Burris. He used an ATI 9800 pro as a comparitive card. I was shocked that they are coming out with a review that is as flawed and obviously biased as this. Nothing wrong with the 6800 GT however, why use the 9800 pro as a competitor to this NEW card? The answer is really quite obvious: Had they really wanted "apples for apples: they would have pitted the 6800GT against the X 800...they are both scaled down versions of their older brothers. Why didn't they....the answer is found everywhere on the internet....the x800 totally smokes the new stuff from nvidia! We won't even talk about the X800XT....that would be TOO embarassing. Why can't these guys just admit that there is a smoking product and quit all this brand loyalty stuff.....the truth is out there....see for yourselves...I dare you!

Total flamebait. Mods, do your stuff.

b|indeyes
07-19-04, 09:02 PM
i say ban his lame ass

Ricko
07-19-04, 09:03 PM
True...but if the review is truly for the consumer....why not apples for apples? In reality, all the tech sites ARE comparing the 6800 and the X800....go and see what the results are....it is really obvious that you guys don't want to know.

Clay
07-19-04, 09:04 PM
I recently read the review of the 6800Gt by Matt Burris. He used an ATI 9800 pro as a comparitive card. I was shocked that they are coming out with a review that is as flawed and obviously biased as this. Nothing wrong with the 6800 GT however, why use the 9800 pro as a competitor to this NEW card? The answer is really quite obvious: Had they really wanted "apples for apples: they would have pitted the 6800GT against the X 800...they are both scaled down versions of their older brothers. Why didn't they....the abswer is found everywhere on the internet....the x800 totally smokes the new stuff from nvidia! We won't even talk about the X800XT....thast would be TOO embarassing. Why can't these guys just admit that there is a smoking product and quit all this brand loyalty stuff.....the truth is out there....see for yourselves...I dare you!
This reeks of flame bait. In the event that it is not, however, and you are somehow actually sincere (yet misinformed) ...why don't we talk about the X800XT (PE even while we're at it)? Check my review of a BFG 6800Ultra OC against an X800XT PE (http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/bfg_geforce_6800_ultra_oc/index.shtml) and tell me how the 6800Ultra OC is getting "smoked". ;)

Ricko
07-19-04, 09:05 PM
To all of those that think that I am trying to....start a brawl...I just would like to see some responsible reviewing from an obvious good group as the nvidia guys....you can't hide the specs. They are done in with total nuetrality in mind....

ragejg
07-19-04, 09:05 PM
Hm, well, there WAS a way to maturely hash this out, and I had thought that some would take that path, but by judging based on teh first few responses, I say "NO MO" to this thread.

And this thread closing IN NO WAY shows any bias, remember that, Ricko. There's just another way to discuss this. ... in some other thread.

|JuiceZ|
07-19-04, 09:46 PM
To all of those that think that I am trying to....start a brawl...I just would like to see some responsible reviewing from an obvious good group as the nvidia guys....you can't hide the specs. They are done in with total nuetrality in mind....

One last thing. Out of all the many "apples to apples" reviews, as you call them, out there pitting the 6800GT vs ATi's counterpart, why pick Matt's review to flame here of all places? Logic would suggest you email the reviewer and ask why he didn't compare it to a faster card like other sites, rather than emphasize on an affliate forum that ALL 6800 favorable reviews are bias.

MikeC
07-19-04, 10:33 PM

I KNOW WHO YOU ARE