PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry: Shadow and Lighting problems with the 6800 GT?

Syan
07-20-04, 04:58 AM
I just bought the 6800 GT card and have only tried City of Heroes (runs great) and just now Far Cry. In Far Cry, the lighting and shadows are wierd. Objects or buildings with light on it are extremely bright and washed out, and I noticed when I went outdoors for the first time, on the floor area with shadow over it were completely black. It's really wierd and hope its just the 61.76 drivers that have issues.

Sorry if this has been posted I searched a few pages and didn't find it. Please let me know what the solution is.

Cruel_Logic
07-20-04, 05:11 AM
hi, not sure if you've tried this yet, but along with increasing iq this made my farcry run sooooo much smoother:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29484&highlight=tommti :nana:
i recommend using the fp16 patch, I see no iq difference from the 36 patch and it runs smoother
btw, im also using 61.76 :)

FuSi0N
07-20-04, 08:04 AM
I just bought the 6800 GT card and have only tried City of Heroes (runs great) and just now Far Cry. In Far Cry, the lighting and shadows are wierd. Objects or buildings with light on it are extremely bright and washed out, and I noticed when I went outdoors for the first time, on the floor area with shadow over it were completely black. It's really wierd and hope its just the 61.76 drivers that have issues.

Sorry if this has been posted I searched a few pages and didn't find it. Please let me know what the solution is.

You need to patch install the Far Cry 1.1 patch.

DRen72
07-20-04, 09:59 AM
Yeh, its a FarCry issue mainly. The 1.2 patch will fix these problems. Meanwhile, the R300 path option noted above does work wonders in IQ, but not speed. Hmmm...I think I tried the FP32 though. Must try the FP16 next.