PDA

View Full Version : which ultra(extreme) has or will have a quiet cooling system???

oRRus
07-20-04, 09:10 AM
Hi dudes

Now,when doom³ is finally going to be released its time for a new system.
At the moment i have a geforce 3 ti 500 and louzy pentium 3.....Now,i want to buy a p4 and a geforce ultra or a ultra extreme depending on which card has the best quiet cooling system.

So,far all ultras are quite loud,as from what i have read in several tests.I don´t know if that is true,since i haven´t heard one myself.

But i think it could go on my nerves,when i play doom and all is silent,and i hear this ****ing coolers :).

Well,my question is,has anybody of you info,which of the coming cards will be a bit more quiet as the cards which are available now.how about the new gainwards and the msi?does anybody of you have any info on eventual release dates and if they will be more quiet then the ones which are availble.

I was waiting for the asus v9999 but this one is even louder as the msi or leadtek....

Well,its really hard this time.....what i know is,i want a ultra or ultra extreme,but it should not be tooo loud.....

How loud is the msi f.ex. compared with geforce 3 or a common intel cooler?then i would have something to compare here.....everybody is talking that those cards our loud,but maybe they are even more quiet what i already have here,hehe....well,then this would fine :)

Any help/answer/posting is more then welcome.

best regards

oRRus

oRRus
07-20-04, 03:31 PM
I feel free to put it up on top again.... :)

please if any has some info on this post a reply....any help is really appreciated....

best regards

brentsg
07-20-04, 03:49 PM
I guess I would disagree about the reference Ultra card being loud. I am sensitive to noise but I don't find it to be the case. I do not find it bothersome at all and my 6800 Ultra replace an ATI 9800 with the noiseless heatpipe cooler.

B

oRRus
07-20-04, 03:52 PM
Hmm

I have never heard any ultra with the referenz design of nividia and can´t say if its loud or not....BUT every test on this cards include the info that this is beeing the case ?!?!

Which card do you own?Would be interesting to know ?!

Thanks for your info!!!

Best Regards

Jocomp10
07-20-04, 04:18 PM
I have a 6800 GT it should be about as loud as an ultra and I can't hear it over my 24 dBA case fans.

Zetto
07-20-04, 05:58 PM
I have a 6800 GT it should be about as loud as an ultra and I can't hear it over my 24 case fans.

What? 24 case fans? Man, can u hear urself think?

:nanahump:

Man, sorry :spam2: just kiddin around ;)