PDA

View Full Version : Which 6800 Ultra are single/double slot?

Tetsuken
07-20-04, 02:42 PM
I was looking to order the PNY 6800 Ultra, but I took to long trying to find out if the PNY has a single or dual slot fan, and by the time I ordered, they were gone. Which brings me to the question of the subject -

Which 6800 Ultra are single/double slot? As from pictures it's not always obvious, case in point NVidia's PR pictures are single slot fans as opposed to the actual products which are dual.

saturnotaku
07-20-04, 02:44 PM
All 6800 Ultras use two slots AFAIK.

Gorion
07-20-04, 02:57 PM
I believe I read a recent review that Asus was going to be single slot and they ran a few degrees hotter because of the thinner HS. I just need to remember where I read that review. might have been Xbit I'll see if I can find it.

Gorion
07-20-04, 03:00 PM
was anandtech. You can find it here:

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2126

Gaco
07-20-04, 03:05 PM
No, the Asus Geforce 6800 Ultra uses a single slot! ;)

oRRus
07-20-04, 04:29 PM
The asus a single slot cooling system but its louder as the msi or other ones f.ex. ..... i was waiting for the v9999 but when i heard its that loud,i left the though in buying this one.....

maybe i will stick to a gainward coolfx 2600 ,this seem the only ultra (extreme) which we can get here in germany....all other cards are not available..... AND THIS 13 days before the release of doom....

don´t get it....this is the chance for nividea to sell tons of cards and they can´t get out their chips .... ?!

whats the problem here?

regards

UDawg
07-20-04, 04:40 PM
don´t get it....this is the chance for nividea to sell tons of cards and they can´t get out their chips .... ?!

Que?

Sorry I couldn't help it. :D