PDA

View Full Version : fx5200 - help - TV-OUT screen scrolls and it's black & white

Tw3NTy0n3
07-20-04, 03:23 PM
Hi, I recently bought a GeForce FX5200 128MB video card. It works well with my monitor, no glitches at all. I used to have a ATI Radeon 7500 64MB that had VGA/DVI/TV-OUT connections. I would simply hook up my TV and whatever was on my VGA monitor came up on my TV. I could also span my desktop onto my TV. Just the other day I tried doing this with my new card. It didn't want to recognize that my TV was connected. ATI had this sweet display control panel where I can set things up, my Nvidia card didn't come with one. I still managed to set it up, but no picture came out on the TV.

Problem: I decided to hook up my TV and my TV ONLY. My card came with an adapter for the TV-Out connection. I hooked up my TV directly to it with nothing else on the other connections of the video card and the screen just rolls downwards and is in black and white. Computer boots fine but the screen just keeps scrolling downwards rapidly. WTF!! I searched these forums but couldn't find anything. Can anyone help?

I have an AMD Athlon XP 2000+ running Windows 98.

:nanahump:

Tw3NTy0n3
07-21-04, 02:20 AM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Haven't found a solution!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone have any info on this?