PDA

View Full Version : My AN7 died

Cota
07-20-04, 06:34 PM
about a week ago my pc died, I tought it was the mobo since it just wouln't give signs of life. Fortunately it turned out to be the xp2500, since I tried an old xp1500+ and worked without a hitch. Today I got a 2600+ so I installed it on the AN7, it worked, temps were cool, life was good again, no problems.

Then after about 2 hrs of testing it just died, no more post, it powers up but other than that no beeps no nothing. As always the LED codes mean sh*t and are completely useless.

Already checked the cpu, ram, power supply and video card on another motherboard and work ok, putting a different cpu/memory/video/power supply still no post.

Any ideas?

RMA is not an option BTW as I live in Mexico and a friend brougt me the mobo from the states.

saberz
07-24-04, 12:45 PM
Did you try clearing CMOS?

Other than that I'm out of ideas. I've had 2 Abit NF7-S v2.0 boards die on me within 6 months of each other. Not a fan of Abit build quality. Try the above and wait 5 minutes(take out the battery) and plug it back in. I'm sure others will post shortly with some more ideas.

Cota
07-25-04, 04:32 PM
I left the CMOS clearing for like a day with no battery, I even replaced the bios chip from a working AN7, still no go.

I had a NF7-S and never had a problem with it, but I've heard many complaints about the AN7 build quality.

I took it to a friend who's an electronics guru and he says its probably a problem with a voltage regulator. hopefully it can be repaired.

alucard_x
07-28-04, 03:08 PM
two things to try, i had a similar problem where my computer would start up but no post, and no beeps.. just fans spinning. for me it was a bad application of thermal paste, so i went back to generic white stuff that was easy to apply and it worked first try. other thing to check is the northbridge fan/heatsink, take it off, put a good application of paste and reassemble. i heard that the an-7 is ****ty and died fairly quickly.

Cota
07-28-04, 09:34 PM
heard several guys having problems like mine

the board just dies, sometimes even the cpu gets smoked too

and to think I "upgraded" from a NF7-S

sigh...