PDA

View Full Version : Having problems running 6800 demos.

aAv7
07-20-04, 07:58 PM
I downloaded the nalu demo and clear sailing demo today before nvidia took em off their site, the nalu demo boots up, but I dont get video....only sound. I can hear the music playing, but i'm still sitting on my desktop starin at my icons....I have to hit cntrl/alt/del to close it and everytime it says "not responding"

The clear sailing one runs, but it runs at 8fps. I dont know if this is normal or not, seems way too slow to me.

The timbury demo, I downloaded a while back, and it makes my screen all garbled with squiggly lines (like when u try to force a resolution higher than your monitor can handle) the screen then turns blue. I then have to reset, enter safe mode, uninstall my drivers, do driver cleaner, and reinstall in order to get back into my desktop mode without these errors.

My agp arp is set at 256MB ..I've tried different sets of drivers, and im using dx9.0c.

Headbust
07-20-04, 08:05 PM
I downloaded the nalu demo and clear sailing demo today before nvidia took em off their site, the nalu demo boots up, but I dont get video....only sound. I can hear the music playing, but i'm still sitting on my desktop starin at my icons....I have to hit cntrl/alt/del to close it and everytime it says "not responding"

The clear sailing one runs, but it runs at 8fps. I dont know if this is normal or not, seems way too slow to me.

The timbury demo, I downloaded a while back, and it makes my screen all garbled with squiggly lines (like when u try to force a resolution higher than your monitor can handle) the screen then turns blue. I then have to reset, enter safe mode, uninstall my drivers, do driver cleaner, and reinstall in order to get back into my desktop mode without these errors.

My agp arp is set at 256MB ..I've tried different sets of drivers, and im using dx9.0c.

wtf is your agp aperature at 256MB!!...

OWA
07-20-04, 08:10 PM
Apparently it is supposed to be at 256 or above for the demos to run properly (so it seems anyway -- meaning, I haven't dropped mine down to see what happens but others that were having problems were able to run them after changing it to 256). Doesn't appear to help everyone though. :)

aaahhh52
07-20-04, 08:24 PM
maybe there broke lol (for lack of better words) and thats why they took them off the site early

Unit-0
07-20-04, 08:39 PM
Run Dxdiag in windows.

What does your AGP Texture Acceleration say?

gthompson20
07-20-04, 08:46 PM
Run Dxdiag in windows.

What does your AGP Texture Acceleration say?

Mine is enabled, but it does the same thing. I have noticed that 62.11 will run Nalu for me... None of the 61.xx drivers will.. Tinbury runs but at like 1fps with the 61.76 WHQL.

G

Zetto
07-20-04, 09:06 PM
Timbury and teh pirates run like a dream... and at 30+ fps too, with the new drivers and all. I dunno what's ur problem, most likely an incorrectly installed driver. Try driver cleaner 3 and reinstall the nvidia drivers

gthompson20
07-20-04, 09:09 PM
Timbury and teh pirates run like a dream... and at 30+ fps too, with the new drivers and all. I dunno what's ur problem, most likely an incorrectly installed driver. Try driver cleaner 3 and reinstall the nvidia drivers

Been there done that... Clean XP with SP1 as well... Its really weird... 62.11 works like a dream... any 61.xx does not work... Played around with all my Bios settings etc... they only thing that makes it work is to install 62.11. On a side not has anyone noticed that Quake 3 does not exit with the 61.76 WHQL drivers?

G

EngenZerO
07-20-04, 09:12 PM
mine runs smooth with the 61.71 drivers and dx9.0c. flawless. :)

vläd
07-20-04, 09:48 PM
I had the same problem, I could only get the demos to run with the leaked 61.71 drivers when they orig were posted, and dx9.0c. I haven't tried the demos with others drivers since the leaked 61.71s were posted.

gthompson20
07-20-04, 11:46 PM
UPDATE***

I have the demos working with the 61.xx drivers... what did I do you say??? Well I Un-Installed the VIA Hyperion Drivers... Now they work... just slower now... SO it appears to be an issue with the Hyperion Drivers...

G

gthompson20
07-21-04, 10:35 AM
UPDATE***

I have the demos working with the 61.xx drivers... what did I do you say??? Well I Un-Installed the VIA Hyperion Drivers... Now they work... just slower now... SO it appears to be an issue with the Hyperion Drivers...

G

Update again.. I think its actually not the Hyperion Drivers but what happened as a result of uninstalling them. I believe the problem is with Dual Displays... at least mine is.. If I set my display to Single or Cloned the demos work.. If it is set ti Dual with 2 different desktops with independent resolutions the demos do not run.

G

Knell2
07-22-04, 07:53 PM
nalu demo is an opengl software as far as i can tell.

A few ppl in this forum have problem running opengl with certain drivers including me.

It seems 62.xx's have openGL problem solved for some of us. When I used 61.7x all my Opengl apps didn't work at all including nalu. The demo works fine now once I installed 62.xx to solve my openGL problem. :clap:

Lfctony
07-28-04, 03:53 AM
I had TB from Bittorrent, it was running very slow, downloading the new version from the NV site.