PDA

View Full Version : Solution to Demos not working

gthompson20
07-20-04, 10:48 PM
All,

Here is another solution for you if the demo's do not run... I have discovered that if I uninstall the VIA Hyperion Drivers the Demo's run great... albeit just slower... FOr what its worth....

G

aAv7
07-20-04, 11:33 PM
interesting...but dont u need those to run games? Those are the chipset drivers right?

gthompson20
07-21-04, 09:31 AM
interesting...but dont u need those to run games? Those are the chipset drivers right?

Actually after some more experimenting I think it wasnt the Hyperion Drivers at all... Its the reult I got by uninstalling them. After uninstalling the drivers Windows rebooted and installed the Microsoft AGP driver... My dual display ahd gone to clone mode... I rebooted again and my display was still in clone mode.. Ran Nalu and it worked ... changed my display back to Dual or whatever its called for having 2 different screens with independent resolutions, and it would not run again.. Changed back to Single or clone and it runs great. So try this is well if you have problems with the demos.

G

aAv7
07-21-04, 10:09 AM
yea..nice find! :clap: This solved my problems too. Seems there's a prob with dual display and these demos. Nice work around though. Now I need to find the timbury demo again and do this trick to see if it works. Nalu and clear sailing run great now. =)

Edit: I know there's enough of them, but this seems sticky worthy to me.